Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get the M001 to connect to a Westell 327W DSL Gateway. It 'sees' the network, checks for IP Address, but will not connect! The machine connects just fine to a Linksys router.Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
[quote name='jimpma;37672]I can't get the M001 to connect to a Westell 327W DSL Gateway. It 'sees' the network' date=' checks for IP Address, but will not connect! The machine connects just fine to a Linksys router.Any suggestions?[/QUOTE'] I am having a similar problem. My M001 was connecting fine to my Linksys DD-WRT v24sp2 router. It worked for months. Then the power supply died (on the M001 natch) and I waited a week to get a replacement. When I got it, everything was good, the wifi did work for a few minutes, then all of a sudden it refuses to connect to my main wifi network. Similar to yours, it sees it, tries to get an address and fails.I tried it with a different open network briefly and it seemed to work.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had similar problem.If the device finds the network & you are sure you have the correct password, get as close to the modem as you can & keep trying.I took 4 or 5 attemps to get mine to connect. Once you have been connected, you can then re-connect from further away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have a WIFI issue, the apad will scan and find networks (sometimes), occasionally connect to my router, if i'm lucky i get a few minutes of 'online' time to update my mail or download something from the market but then it disconnects again. Most of the time i just get 'disconnected' though, and no connection possible. I fear that there might be a hardware problem, a bad connection or something, but I dread opening up the apad, since it will leave cosmetic marks, but if it can be solved by ie. resoldering some wires then I have no problem with it. Anyone has an idea about the hardware configuration and if my feeling could be correct? If it is a software issue, i don't know where to start looking, but all tips and tricks are welcome!!rockchip apad with RB 5.1 (also tried RB6)

·
Registered
5 Posts
This makes no sense, but this just worked for me.I had my router set to Mixed (which means 802.11b/g/n). I changed it to BG-Mixed (802.11b/g) and the Eken started working! That shouldn't matter, Mixed should be backwards compatible to b/g.I also added a static address in the DHCP table. That could have been it as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.