Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
The forum grow faster and bigger than expected I think...

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
sorry we guys we are also hit by that same crazy message , we are pricing out dedicated servers ( thats right our very own ) the truth we are busier then we could have imagined.and the server company that hates us now ( we crashed their server twice) has put a limiter on the site . ahh the joys of moderate success

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Basically the VPS can't cope with the capacity of traffic we're getting so I had to add a server load limit to prevent the server killing itself. We'll be on a fully dedicated server shortly which will be able to cope with the traffic a hell of a lot better.If we ever have a convention, be sure to visit me, I'll be in the corner in charge of the "sorry for the downtime" keg ;)

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Free beer!!!

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
ARGHHHH IT JUST WIPED MY MESSAGE :|Basically, when we get too much traffic the server overloads. The hosting company then have to shut off our account to stop it crashing the whole server (which it has done on a number of occasions) and set up an IP block so that it has time to cool down (hence the 403). We don't have root access to the server which means there is nothing we can do to sort this out when a problem occurs. We have to go through technical support and open up a ticket, which usually takes hours to resolve.Bottom line is we didn't expect this much traffic, mixed with a VPS and a quite frankly insultingly awful customer support it doesn't play nicely. We get as pissed off (if not more so) than you guys when the server goes down, and it's incredibly frustrating having a problem which is out of our control and which requires customer support to sort out (ie. remove the IP ban they have set in place). I assure you we're frantically trying to find a new dedicated server to move to which will cope with the traffic.Regards,Mike

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
ARGHHHH IT JUST WIPED MY MESSAGE :|Basically, when we get too much traffic the server overloads. The hosting company then have to shut off our account to stop it crashing the whole server (which it has done on a number of occasions) and set up an IP block so that it has time to cool down (hence the 403). We don't have root access to the server which means there is nothing we can do to sort this out when a problem occurs. We have to go through technical support and open up a ticket, which usually takes hours to resolve.Bottom line is we didn't expect this much traffic, mixed with a VPS and a quite frankly insultingly awful customer support it doesn't play nicely. We get as pissed off (if not more so) than you guys when the server goes down, and it's incredibly frustrating having a problem which is out of our control and which requires customer support to sort out (ie. remove the IP ban they have set in place). I assure you we're frantically trying to find a new dedicated server to move to which will cope with the traffic.Regards,Mike

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Soooooo... FREE BEER!!!

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Sorry, it's all the OTHER free beer...[HIC]Did someone say FREE BEER!!?!??!?!??!?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.