Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the only loss of function in ECOTOX compared to the other firmwares. Why no HD in YouTube? Yes...videos can be seen anyway, but the fullscreen "web FLV" from stock and Slatedroid v1.3 is a nice-to-have. Can we have it? :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Linuxluver reffers to the YouTube application present in the official firmware 1.7.4 and in the SlateDroid 1.3, this application is written by WonderMedia and can play better quality videos from YouTube.I have tried to install the YouTube application from the firmware update, but it doesn't work.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote name='Namek;23457]I have tried to install the YouTube application from the firmware update' date=' but it doesn't work.[/QUOTE'] Yes. I'm referring to the YT app in the v1.7.4 firmware. I've also tried installing it, but it doesn't work. The normal resolution is usually OK. But the full screen YT from v1.7.4 would be even nicer. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
hellothis is my first post hereso hello again ;-)i am looking to buy a small tabled pc just for email and finding some info on the internet without having to boot the pc.but getting some news info from youtube would be nicei read its not possible to play youtube from the stock device? because of low cpu but is this possible form this firmware?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Cheapass;91520 said:
i read its not possible to play youtube from the stock device? because of low cpu but is this possible form this firmware?
The ECOTOX firmwares comes with a modified version of the official YOUTUBE application that ever play the videos in low quality, if you want more quality you can use the YOUTUBE application from Wondermedia, but actually that version is somewhat unstable and force closes under some circunstances.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What's the reason to watch an HD video in an 800x480 resolution screen?
Download the HD Video with Tubemate and then watch it in your HD TV! (Requires either an embedded to the TV or an external HD media player - to watch it not to download it!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.