Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi allJust received my new apad v2. Been looking around at all of the info online and contemplating putting new firmware on it.However, my first thought is ... why bother ?What actual benefits will I receive from upgrading firmware from the one I have ?It seems like a lot of work and risk for not a lot of benefit.Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Depends. A lot of the new pads are coming pre-loaded with Rogers ROM (or a version of it) anyway so the benefits are already being reaped.However, IF you want to customize things and get the best out of the device it is good to have the option of updating it whenever you want. IF the device is all you want it to be though, then there is NO benefit to doing it until an update comes that radically improves things, like ad-hoc facility built in, or longer battery life, or better wifi strength etc etc.The current crop are at the top of the cycle at the moment. Benefits now are small compared to a few weeks ago. But sooner, rather than later someone will release an oober update that will make the device do a multiude of things we had no idea they could do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
[quote name='titaniumshell;21520]Speed and response' date=' rogerbraun 5.1 is faster than the standard rom[/QUOTE'] Way faster. And it doesnt have miscellaneous remnants of Chinese characters. Also it has 300MB of program storage space.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.