Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i see this in another forum(in dealextreme forum)
the guy post this:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So after alot of searching I found the data sheet for the WM8505 SOC processor.The maximum speed of this process is 300Mhz Guess the manufacturer is lying or using some kind of Chinese math (i.e. 300Mhz + DDR2 = 600 Mhz?). --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------can this be true?the page of the info is this http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.39169

·
Registered
74 Posts
I saw that too, but I don't give it much credence yet. I am sure the ROM devs can shed some more light on this, but it is possible that out m001 uses a different CPU than the ARM92EJ-S (I know it uses a ARM9, but under the WM8505 it does say it is a Scalable Pwerful RISC Core, so there could be models with a higher clock speed).

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just checked my (still in the packing stage) order at Deal Extreme, and it says mine is " M001 7" Touch Screen TFT LCD Google Android 1.6 Tablet PC w/ WiFi (VIA MW8505/600MHz)." It'll be interesting to see what it *really* is when it gets here...Dan

·
Registered
1 Posts
[quote author=blastexx link=topic=146.msg1488#msg1488 date=1274517098]I just bought mine at ebay and the seller stated in the info that this one has a 1.3 GHz upgraded processor!!Is this a newer version, i really hope so! If the speed is good, maybe i can install android 2.1 or even 2.2 ;)here is a link to another 1.3 ghz M001 on ebay, check it out! : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220608458361[/quote]I bought an apad from thsi seller and the screen was broken. The sphipment was crapy. I don't recommande him.

·
Registered
75 Posts
[quote author=blastexx link=topic=146.msg1488#msg1488 date=1274517098]I just bought mine at ebay and the seller stated in the info that this one has a 1.3 GHz upgraded processor!![/quote]I am 99.99% sure that this info is complete and utter nonsense and completely false.Please post your findings after you received your unit.Actually there are first results (/proc/cpuinfo) that point into the direction of only a 350MHz CPU.

·
Registered
4 Posts
WakeUp, The EKEN M001 its a piece of crap, in this post you can see a picture the real CPU http://slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=9.0 It is really a WM8505 with only 300Mhz clock In this link you can download the datasheet http://tails92.sepwich.com/files/easypc/datasheets/You can now understand why it is so slow and unwieldy, with a capabilty of play video very very frustating.The chinese manufacturer ENKEL has deceived us all, not let more people cheat. The manufactured put in the box 800Mhz, but you can type cat/proc/cpuinfo and find the true.Other slate manufactures of the kind of this also says that have a speed of 600Mhz but they use a CPU also of the family of the ARM926EJ like the VT830 that has two cores, one for the DSP processing (the result speed of 600 = 300 CPU + 300 DSP) so those products can play VIDEO perfectly, and so the android?s experience its good. This is not the case of the Enkel M001 that has only one core.Please advice to people that do not buy Enkel M001, in the next months there will be better products. The things that are cheaper are expensive at the end.So run to ebay and sell it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
[Mod Edit]Something to the effect of please don't come here to flame[/Mod Edit]We know This device is cheap....thats why we only payed 100 for it

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
[quote author=notbuyekenm001 link=topic=146.msg1525#msg1525 date=1274545625]WakeUp, The EKEN M001 its a piece of crap, in this post you can see a picture the real CPU http://slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=9.0 It is really a WM8505 with only 300Mhz clock In this link you can download the datasheet http://tails92.sepwich.com/files/easypc/datasheets/You can now understand why it is so slow and unwieldy, with a capabilty of play video very very frustating.The chinese manufacturer ENKEL has deceived us all, not let more people cheat. The manufactured put in the box 800Mhz, but you can type cat/proc/cpuinfo and find the true.Other slate manufactures of the kind of this also says that have a speed of 600Mhz but they use a CPU also of the family of the ARM926EJ like the VT830 that has two cores, one for the DSP processing (the result speed of 600 = 300 CPU + 300 DSP) so those products can play VIDEO perfectly, and so the android?s experience its good. This is not the case of the Enkel M001 that has only one core.Please advice to people that do not buy Enkel M001, in the next months there will be better products. The things that are cheaper are expensive at the end.So run to ebay and sell it.[/quote]Oh and also, please don't waste CPU time on my server. Thank you kindly

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for the replies, allthough what notbuyekenm001 said i didn't want to hear ::)I will post my findings when i get the device (it's going to take 30 days or more i think.......grtz yall!

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you already have purchased, you will not regret for what I said.I agree that is a good product for the price you can get it.And surely you're going to enjoy, do not hesitate.My problem is that I pay more than $ 100 because I trusted vendors specifications and the manufacturer says it has, and which are not true.The box (the manufacturer) says 800 Mhz, 600 Mhz the seller says another seller says 1.6 Ghz, and then you find that the same video that in a phone 5 years old at 250 Mhz are fine, the tablet can not.I did not want to see HD just wanted play the same videos that a phone 5 years old at 250Mhz can, without having to waste time resampled.In any case just installed a Windows CE 6 and looks good but until I find a driver for the touch screen I will not be able to see if it is faster than with Android, so far I have reinstalled the Android 1.6.And again, sure you will enjoy it a lot,

·
Registered
446 Posts
the proc feels like its ~350mhz, about the same as a stock g1, which isnt bad.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
350 mhz, multiple os, touch screen, modificated for a long batery, for 100 bucks? is a great price. :Dis a experimental gadget, if i buy a ipad, NEVER have a mod in ipad. and this is boring!eken is a gread gadget, i am wait for im!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts