Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice or thrice, I've plugged my W7 into the charger only to experience the white screen of death. Anyone else? I've read around a bit and it seems to effect only the latest firmware. Cure? Hold in the power button until the screen goes blank. At that point release and press: the W7 will reboot and continue to charge normally.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Again, it only seems to be with with the latest firmware. And it's quite reproducable. Plaw with your W7, set it aside and let it go to sleep. Then plug in the charger. As the W7 comes out of suspend, welcome to the white screen of death. Not a stopper - just an annoyance.

·
Registered
61 Posts
[quote name='donaldson;32380]Twice or thrice' date=' I've plugged my W7 into the charger only to experience the white screen of death. Anyone else? I've read around a bit and it seems to effect only the latest firmware. Cure? Hold in the power button until the screen goes blank. At that point release and press: the W7 will reboot and continue to charge normally.[/QUOTE'] I hope you don't mind donaldson, but I posted this on the bottom of my upgrade guide: MP4 Nation Forums • View topic - RAmos W7 w/Android Firmware Upgrade GuideThanks for the valuable info.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@mingnonI never did say congrats on winning the auction.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
donaldson, no probs, thanks for the device, it is fantastic, am really impressed with it. Am trying to learn how to play with the rom so i can design something, but am working out i really need an xp computer, as cant do much on win7 64 bitAm really hoping they bring out the 7inch version soon :)

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
xaueious;52220 said:
The newest firmware update is supposed to resolve this issue
Downloaded new version to test if white screen issues still occur, yes they do, happens when device is put to sleep for a period of time, and occasionaly it also occurs when booting up after shutdown has occured (intermittant).Also is occuring in Donaldson's rom as well.It isnt a huge issue or a problem, i just tend to press the power button till it goes away and start device again.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
have never seen that one before, when you turn the device off (NOT put it into hibernate or just turn screen off) and turn it back on does it occur again?you can also try a different firmware from [ROM] Ramos W7 Hinagiku Hybrid ROM (China Chinese) - 0616i loaded it to test white screen issues when turning screen back on, and have swapped back to donaldson's

·
Registered
4 Posts
mingnon;54685]have never seen that one before said:
[ROM] Ramos W7 Hinagiku Hybrid ROM (China Chinese) - 0616[/url]i loaded it to test white screen issues when turning screen back on, and have swapped back to donaldson's
Thanks for your advice.When I update last firmware W7_0716_V1.4.3.img ,srceen of W7 is normally not flashing lineBut I want upgrade custom rom because install fonts Thai , How to other method install fonts Thaiwho can help me pls.Thanks advance.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
have been searching about adding extra fonts, couldnt find anything on it. I reakon the best thing to do is reflash it with earlier firmware to make sure the device works, then retry flashing with latest firmware. Sorry couldnt be more helpful on this one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.