Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,can anyone help to choose the best 10" device for me?1. Apad with rockchip processor (Android 1.5)2. Apad with ZT-180 processor (Android 2.1)3. Apad with ARM Cortex A8 processor (Android 2.1)4. Apad with Telechip processor (Android 2.1) Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name='speedfreak;27821]the ZT-180 device is a fraud and will be discontinuedthe telechip processor is better than the rockchip.i don't know an apad with a cortex A8 processor' date=' but if this exist (pls post a link) it will be the best one.[/QUOTE'] Hi speedfreak, thanks for your replyI got this link from alibaba.com http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/2..._A8_1Ghz_Frequency_DDR_256MB_Android_2_1.html

·
Registered
251 Posts
What has become clear with regard to all Apads (and the like) from China is that you have to take any published specs with a pinch of salt, until someone actually gets their hands on one and is able to check we just have no way to be sure what is inside it. With that in mind unless you are happy to take the risk on behalf of everyone else, go to an established known helpful trader and avoid the fly by night sellers.Maybe we can get a trader rating scheme started, I suspect the likes of Merimobiles and Tabletstoreuk would score quite well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
[quote name='Steep;27890]What has become clear with regard to all Apads (and the like) from China is that you have to take any published specs with a pinch of salt' date=' until someone actually gets their hands on one and is able to check we just have no way to be sure what is inside it. With that in mind unless you are happy to take the risk on behalf of everyone else, go to an established known helpful trader and avoid the fly by night sellers.Maybe we can get a trader rating scheme started, I suspect the likes of Merimobiles and Tabletstoreuk would score quite well.[/QUOTE'] Well, there is this thread: Definitive Apad iRobot Listings for International Buyers :: Need contributors! which was a start but it doesn't seem to be maintained actively.I completely agree with your point though. MeriMobiles, Tabletstoreuk and mp4nation would score high. You pay a few bucks extra (at least in my experience) but you get better service. Most western sellers sell from their own imported stock. (with the exception of MeriMobiles who seems to let it ship directly from China, but they are on top of the quality control and offer great service).Another name I see popping up positively is HouseofDAP. I only have hands on experience with MM and would buy there again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote name='Steep;27890]What has become clear with regard to all Apads (and the like) from China is that you have to take any published specs with a pinch of salt' date=' until someone actually gets their hands on one and is able to check we just have no way to be sure what is inside it. With that in mind unless you are happy to take the risk on behalf of everyone else, go to an established known helpful trader and avoid the fly by night sellers.Maybe we can get a trader rating scheme started, I suspect the likes of Merimobiles and Tabletstoreuk would score quite well.[/QUOTE'] ok, thanks for your advice

·
Registered
1 Posts
[quote name='speedfreak;27821]the ZT-180 device is a fraud and will be discontinuedthe telechip processor is better than the rockchip.i don't know an apad with a cortex A8 processor' date=' but if this exist (pls post a link) it will be the best one.[/QUOTE']The apad.tv website lists the Apad M16 as having a ZT-180 processor. Is this not an "official" site? aPad.TV - Definitive Spec Guide for iRobot aPad by Orphan Electonics

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.