Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, newbie here...i dont believe this topic is around yet so hoping could get some feedbacks from u guys...anyway im not starting a flamewar or anything...so again, the question is...which one is better the eken m001 or i droid? the first look for me personally i like the idroid better due to its resemblence to ipad, yes i want an ipad but i dont have the quids... and it seems the idroid is capable of usb host right out of the box... 8)..wonder if they can support a 3g modem (i believe this have been discussed somewhere else rite)

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
honestly they are both pretty good if you realize the limitations of each my eken slate is used to access or my email , and play a few gamesthe Apad/irobot is a head turner I took it to work and everyone thought it was fantastic and wanted one . the usb host is great although no charging by usb (s0 silly )research the forums

·
Registered
133 Posts
oh, idroid is the aPad? i didn't know that. definitely the aPad! Watch out, as there are different versions. you want to buy the one with the rockchip processor (smooth video up to 720 p, and fast response). the eken is just a piece of crap in my opinion

·
Registered
15 Posts
300$ for the apad???looks HOT but i can get an ipad for 100$ more used...the eken is only 100$!!!(go mine shipped for 110$)seems same specs more os less as eken m001 but at 3 times the price?yeah it's sexier but......

·
Registered
18 Posts
My take on iRobot or eken m001, I have botheken m001 ? Turn on in 62 secPro: custom firmware, Android 1.6, Compatibility with more apps, SD Card Slot, +/- keyscons: Network Connectivity, Touch screen, screen size, looks cheap, lack of standard USB ports, poor battery life, iRobot m003 ? turn on in 56 secPro: More solid looking, Touch screen more responsive, Network Connectivity, Market and Gmail apps, better Battery life, faster cons: Android 1.5, incompatibility with a lot of apps, Mini SD Card, poor speaker can hardly hear it.Right now I will use the eken m001 as my travel unit even though the battery life is poor I will use it to read my comics and E-books and watch a movie if the battery holds. The iRobot I will use to check my G-mail surf the web. If I could combine these unit we have a really good apad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
from ure post definitely the irobot wins. For this device as mid, fast gui, sensitive, solid built, battery life is the most important q. The low price does not jystify it as it does not reach its intended purpose.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Spec wise, the aPad definitely wins hands down, plus having a better touch screen and more solid feel are big advantages. The only issue is really the higher price point and Android 1.5 (Eken has 1.6). If those don't bother you, definitely go for the aPad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts