Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting an eken m-001 for my wife and I would like to know which custom firmware out there makes the Eken run the fastest in terms of internet browsing, dragging the screen, accessing the UI and overall speed.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
try one of the custom firmwares,def faster then the official update

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will do that, I am so excited to get my eken though after seeing a youtube video on one and seeing that it took a full minute to get a web page to show, I am a little worried. I hope the firmwares speed the thing up to at least 30 seconds instead of 1 min.

·
Registered
75 Posts
[quote author=tobias link=topic=342.msg2968#msg2968 date=1275083497]I am a little worried. I hope the firmwares speed the thing up to at least 30 seconds instead of 1 min. [/quote]Ahem ... so you are asking for a 100% speed improvement?!?How should that be achievable???

·
Registered
224 Posts
[quote author=tobias link=topic=342.msg2968#msg2968 date=1275083497]I will do that, I am so excited to get my eken though after seeing a youtube video on one and seeing that it took a full minute to get a web page to show, I am a little worried. I hope the firmwares speed the thing up to at least 30 seconds instead of 1 min. [/quote]my internet pages show in about 10 seconds :pget better internet/wifi

·
Registered
53 Posts
I use xScope browser and I get new pages in 2-3 seconds. On some pages it's still pulling from the web and rendering after that but the page is typically readable and scrollable already after 2-3 sec. It's the fastest browser I'ved used on my Eken (tried stock, Opera, Dolphin, and this).I already use my Eken more than my laptop for browsing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
As of today, the SlateDroid v1.2 ROM is fastest.This will change daily though.Pretty much, any ROM built on the 1.7.2 original firmware base will be the quickest for now.Great tip on the Xscope browser! I am going to try BetterBrowser also. Both seem excellent!!!Fun stuff =)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi all!I'm still waiting for my Eken....FYI - To speed up browsing speed (applies to a devices) you might want to disable Java in the browsers settings. This will give noticeable speed improvement.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=ikanos link=topic=342.msg3146#msg3146 date=1275140838]I use xScope browser and I get new pages in 2-3 seconds. On some pages it's still pulling from the web and rendering after that but the page is typically readable and scrollable already after 2-3 sec. It's the fastest browser I'ved used on my Eken (tried stock, Opera, Dolphin, and this).I already use my Eken more than my laptop for browsing.[/quote]Of course not, I was looking at this video and it looked like it literally loaded up the page in 45 sec to a minute. It was very sad actually. Mind you, I bet you any money it was because it was loaded with the original firmware making it slow. I think the fact that there are people dedicating their time to making this thing run effectively is more than anyone could ask for. I will definitely be loading up slatedroid 1.2 soon as I get my eken. 100 dollars for something like this is amazing. With all the advancements that have been made, why would anyone pass it up?

·
Registered
53 Posts
[quote author=Mr ILIA link=topic=342.msg3418#msg3418 date=1275235769]Hi all!I'm still waiting for my Eken....FYI - To speed up browsing speed (applies to a devices) you might want to disable Java in the browsers settings. This will give noticeable speed improvement.[/quote]Yes, I can confirm that disabling java made the stock brwser fast. But I had to enable for some sites I need which requied java.But I found xscope w java to be almost same as stock without.

·
Registered
53 Posts
[quote author=tobias link=topic=342.msg3430#msg3430 date=1275239451]Of course not, I was looking at this video and it looked like it literally loaded up the page in 45 sec to a minute. It was very sad actually. Mind you, I bet you any money it was because it was loaded with the original firmware making it slow. I think the fact that there are people dedicating their time to making this thing run effectively is more than anyone could ask for. I will definitely be loading up slatedroid 1.2 soon as I get my eken. 100 dollars for something like this is amazing. With all the advancements that have been made, why would anyone pass it up?[/quote]It depends on the webpge of course, but all I can tell you is I'm not seeing anything that slow, not even with the factory firmware.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[quote author=myzter link=topic=342.msg3556#msg3556 date=1275271990]can someone make a video, maybe compare to a desktop pc in load times ?[/quote]I think you are right. He was loading the main shanzai webpage, and then he clicked on a picture that was on the page which made it take a long time to load. I bet any money I am over-exaggerating the 1 min load time anyways. I am stupid when it comes to the Android OS but I am looking forward to learning how it functions.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts