Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I did ask if i can buy two. i can't. I also called my friend but she's not home. would be good if she can order one more for me.

You probably have to call BB every morning see if they have shipment come from the last evening.
Yep, that's the plan (if there is one).

Usually I'm fairly lucky with stuff like this, i.e. my GTablet was a steal, as well as at least Pandigital Novel that I had owned. But this thing is beyond my grasp. Will be traveling tomorrow and I fully expect the hp.com site to go live again that day, as well as my local BB to get another shipment.

Them's the breaks. No Android port yet, from what I've read.

·
Dragon Lady
6,471 Posts
Yep, that's the plan (if there is one).

Usually I'm fairly lucky with stuff like this, i.e. my GTablet was a steal, as well as at least Pandigital Novel that I had owned. But this thing is beyond my grasp. Will be traveling tomorrow and I fully expect the hp.com site to go live again that day, as well as my local BB to get another shipment.

Them's the breaks. No Android port yet, from what I've read.
Good luck roe, now I'm going to unboxing and padding.

·
Global Moderator
878 Posts
It's a phenomenon....

Watching every unit on eBay finishing in the $280 to $300 zone, I understand people who bought them at $99 and $149 experimenting or selling them on into this, but I'm not quite sure why buyers are lining up to buy an extinct tablet with a dead operating system with the "hope" that someone will port this to a stable Android platform, this being the same eBay where Acer Iconia's are selling for $50 more and dare I say it, those dastardly, fiendish things, the original iPad.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm so glad i called my local best buy 40 mins ago, Yep, I ran out like my butt was on fire.lol got there in 9 mins, 3rd one in the line, came back with a 16GB. My hunting is over.

this reminds me when i tried to get my wii few years ago...

LMAO Great Line... my ass is still smoldering,still no touchpad to put it out with

Enjoy, I'll find one soon, I hope.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's a phenomenon....

Watching every unit on eBay finishing in the $280 to $300 zone, I understand people who bought them at $99 and $149 experimenting or selling them on into this, but I'm not quite sure why buyers are lining up to buy an extinct tablet with a dead operating system with the "hope" that someone will port this to a stable Android platform, this being the same eBay where Acer Iconia's are selling for $50 more and dare I say it, those dastardly, fiendish things, the original iPad.
Morons I tell you. These guys easily get influenced don't they? I have seen Xooms and Iconias on craigslist for $300-350.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got this email, but after that email, I also got a confirmation email? Lol. I have no idea if I am or am not getting one.
The confirmation also has a ship date and estimated arrival date.
Yes I got the cancellation email, and I already knew it had been cancelled as I had been checking the site. Two hours later I got the confirmation email, and after that, checking the site no longer said it had been cancelled, along with the ship and arrival date (which are the same BTW). Strange.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm still hoping for 2 from HP Small Business. Finally got through to them last Sunday. Got an email Monday saying how behind they were, but they had my order and I'd get confirmation in 48-72 hours. Nothing so far, but I'm trying to be patient

Also ordered 2 from Best Buy Monday (as a hedge); looked good, but then cancellation and apology later.

Today, an email from BB with a $20 gift card attached. So there's that.

My biggest problem; I already told Mom she's getting one for birthday.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Excellent! But has it been ported, yet? That's the key, so devs can get their hands on it.

I also got the B&N $20 GC, so it wasn't all bad I suppose. I stopped looking at the fatwallet site as it was just getting nutty trying to keep up. This thing is just too popular, so impossible to get unless you 1) are in the right place at the right time or 2) willing to pay through the nose.

I'm still hoping for 2 from HP Small Business. Finally got through to them last Sunday. Got an email Monday saying how behind they were, but they had my order and I'd get confirmation in 48-72 hours. Nothing so far, but I'm trying to be patient

Also ordered 2 from Best Buy Monday (as a hedge); looked good, but then cancellation and apology later.

Today, an email from BB with a $20 gift card attached. So there's that.

My biggest problem; I already told Mom she's getting one for birthday.
Give her a GTablet, instead. Will she know the difference?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Excellent! But has it been ported, yet? That's the key, so devs can get their hands on it.

I also got the B&N $20 GC, so it wasn't all bad I suppose. I stopped looking at the fatwallet site as it was just getting nutty trying to keep up. This thing is just too popular, so impossible to get unless you 1) are in the right place at the right time or 2) willing to pay through the nose.

Give her a GTablet, instead. Will she know the difference?
LOL; gtablet was plan b, but I got confirmation and order number from HP finally. So I should have them... um, sometime.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I got a confirmation and they placed a charge on my account, but I was told it could be 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. HP is having some made to honor orders.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

81 - 96 of 96 Posts