Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Anybody else snag one of the $99 HP Touchpads today or last night?
Sweet little tab and a few groups are talking about ports of Android and Linux.

·
FW Developer
745 Posts
I thought about getting one. I will probably regret that I didn't.

Sent from my Flashback 7.2 using Tapatalk

·
TeamDRH
981 Posts
Don't worry people, there will probably be plenty on Craig list or Ebay after a lot get bricked trying to install custom ROM, and then even cheaper. So did HP sell like 10,000 in one day like WOOT? Rings of the same old story.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I tried to get unsuccessfully. It was too late when I saw it, but then again I have ipad, gtablet and I would rather use that money towards transformer.. How do you like it so far? Can you please tell us pros and cons compare to Google OS/Gtablet?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just heard Kim Komando say that Best Buy had over 1/4 million TouchPads in stock and had only been able to sell about 10% of them -- so, I imagine that they will become a staple item on W00t for the next few months. HP says "Apple wins!" and HP is giving up.

·
TeamDRH
981 Posts
Just heard Kim Komando say that Best Buy had over 1/4 million TouchPads in stock and had only been able to sell about 10% of them -- so, I imagine that they will become a staple item on W00t for the next few months. HP says "Apple wins!" and HP is giving up.
I would probably order one for $50 plus $5 shipping...

The "Apple wins" thing cracks me up.

So, has anyone ever held one of these touchpads?

Reactions: bearbuck

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Sunday paper here in JAXS, FL had Best Buy selling what they had in stock this morning... ran out the door like my ass was on fire and still was too late.

HP is taking names for email notices should they get any returns. Most people I talked to at the store didn't know why they wanted them, just that it was a "good" buy. They're waiting to give them to someone for Xmas...go figure

·
Registered
81 Posts
Don't worry people, there will probably be plenty on Craig list or Ebay after a lot get bricked trying to install custom ROM, and then even cheaper. So did HP sell like 10,000 in one day like WOOT? Rings of the same old story.
There are still plenty left sold by OnSale(division of Mcmall very large distributer) @Amazon $99 for 16gb --- $149 for 32gb
16Gb touchpad

32gb touchpad

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unless HP decides post-facto that they're out of stock, I should have one of the 32GB on the way. No idea what I'll do with it yet but...hey it's neat hardware

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got one yesterday at bestbuy the 32Gig for $149.00 the 16Gig was going for $99.00
Hey! when did this thread become about HP tablets, it's GTAB...

oh yeah and picked up 3 32 gb touchpads from hp smb. and a 16 from mac mall.

he he

·
225 Posts
I got one yesterday at bestbuy the 32Gig for $149.00 the 16Gig was going for $99.00
How about starting a new thread telling if these are worth it or not? I'm reading that as is the hardware is good but like the original gtab, the OS is horrid...

·
Registered
169 Posts
if you look at my post #2466 there are links that are still live for the hp touchpads
I called and confirmed they have plenty in stock
Yesterday I had a talk with HP tech support and they tell me that thay will still be supporting Webos firmware on the touchpad any one that get one should run the system update to upgrade from Webos 3.0.0 to 3.0.2 out of the box it's 3.0,0 that I hear is very buggy

1 - 20 of 96 Posts