Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guyz and dollz This very elusive tablets has to be somewhere, so if you find it in your local Kmart ,post the state and which K-mart you found it at? this will help others find it with out a lot of searching.Ps: and maybe list quantity if you can .

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
What I've read is that the entire Eastern seaboard has not gotten them, yet. That would certainly gel with my experiences, so far (eastern PA).

·
Registered
576 Posts
[quote name='roebeet;24485]What I've read is that the entire Eastern seaboard has not gotten them' date=' yet. That would certainly gel with my experiences, so far (eastern PA).[/QUOTE']One of the ebay auction is listed as shipping from Gilbert(or similar), PAAnother one was reportedly picked up in NY(city) and 2 kmarts there sold out.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks all will be doing my own Maryland fugitive search tomorrow and will report results

·
Registered
576 Posts
Mp4doggie;24538 said:
thanks all will be doing my own Maryland fugitive search tomorrow and will report results
I'm holding out onn my search, hoping for a raincheck to give myself some more time to decided although seeing the quadrant bench I just might pick one up, and the fact that online support told someone yesterday that it had a "g sensor" so hoping for more sw patches...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Went to several stores in NJ and NY and on one in the store knew anything about this unit. One store mgr said she would check on it and she actually called me back today to tell me it will not be available in this area for some time. This confirms what "Nate the Great" said on The Digital Reader blog. Oh well, I guess I just mod my PDN instead.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Called 10 K-Marts in Chicago, IL area. Either they are sold out or haven't gotten it in yet. Expanding the search to Northern and Southern surburbs and neighboring cities in Indiana. That gives me 14 more stores to call.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[quote name='mbroderick;25044]Kmart at 424 West Oregon Avenue' date=' Philadelphia, PA‎ - (215) 336-1778‎ had 4. They still had 2 left as of 3pm[/QUOTE'] Guess I should go try the center city one.....did you buy one?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[quote name='mbroderick;25067]Yes' date=' My friend and I got one. Messing around with it now.[/QUOTE'] Any impressions? I was really excited but reviews look so bad I was thinking of getting a PD Novel again.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I found two in Trenton NJ store (and they even said "The 149 dollar one" so hopefully it's really the Gentouch). If one is still there in an hour, I'll pick it up and start comparing it with the PDN, tomorrow. If you live near Trenton, please don't buy the last one before I get there! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well the screen looks nice but it is a little sluggish when I use my finger, but it responses better when I use the supplied stylus. It connected to my wifi with no problems. It doesn't support pinch zoom. I loaded Google Maps and the browser and tried pinching and nothing. Again both programs scrolled better using the stylus. Funny, I just tried using the back of my finger, seems my finger nail works fine scrolling the screen. So it seems the smaller the point on the screen the better the response. It play HD You tube fine. I was really happy about that. It will be great when Netflix has there Android app out.I did tried factory resetting it, nope nothing. (I heard there might be a fix for that soon)I look at this tablet like this. A digital picture frame costs about the same as this and you can't surf the web, check email, play You Tube and all the other stuff this will do. I have the Nexus One phone so this won't be my primary Android but it will be fun messing with it and seeing what the Android community comes up went to improve the device.-Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.