Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all... Im new here and sorry if this has been posted before.I have been on alibaba looking for one of these tablets and everyone on there says they have the best ones etc.I need some help... I need to know which one to buy that will support 3g.I have a 3g dongle on the 3 network in the UK.I need to use this device when out on the road and use a website to show clients. Main reason is i need to use an online form to setup accounts on a website while im with the person.A tablet is far easier and better than a laptop so this is the reason im looking one.So i need a 10" tablet that will support a 3g dongle. Can anyone experienced out there please help me.Thanks...:DIs this any good and can i put new firmware on it to support a 3g usb donglehttp://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/...2-1-wifi-USB-3G-ZTC-180-webcam-tablet-pc.html

·
Registered
919 Posts
ZTC aka Zenithink ZT-180 is a good device for the money but it is better suited for someone technical and someone not afraid to learn unix/linux commands. Once working it is a bear I heard from here and the Chinese forum, I am waiting for mine to arrive, soon I hope :)If you are up to the challenge be my guest and order one, while you are waiting do collect all the info in this forum to get ready to performhardware and software hack.Have fun. It worth the effort.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Zenithink ZT-180 does support a 3G dongle with the most recent firmware, though you'd need to research to see if yours is supported. The list I saw was kind of short. The one you've found is selling for a lot less than the one I bought, but I insisted on a USA dealer with a return policy. Like the other fellow said, you do need to be technically inclined and willing to work a bit at it. If that's fun for you, go get it. If you want a pure turn-key fully functional unit that you never have to tweak, go down to the Apple store and get an iPad. :rolleyes:Bye. :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Question: Are you or do you consider yourself tech savvy? Do you know how to work with the command prompt on your computer? Do you know the concept of "flashing" a firmware?If Either of these 2 are "NO" go buy an Ipad. If you are doing presentations to your clients the ZT180 is far from professional and more for enthusiast. If you feel comfortable and can answer YES to those above questions then you can easily use this device for what you want.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know about flashing and firmware and also would consider myself tech savvy....!!I wont be showing clients presentations on the pad, we have a site that lets our clients advertise their vehicle for sale. We visit them and just want to be able to set them up with an account there and then. To do this we must connect to our site and register them, so need a net connection.We have a usb 3g dongle and i needed to know before I bought and epad, which one should I buy.This is where I need peoples help on this board... im not sure which one to go for, as they use different chips.Can someone give me a link on alibaba or another site with good rating so that I can but the correct one and not something thats going to last a week.thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
you can comb through any of a dozen threads here of stories people who purchased them. Most are from drop shippers so they might not be around any longer. There's also guides on who NOT to buy from in the shopping section of this board. Look through those and see who don't wan to purchase from.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
[quote name='cpg716;51150]I dont think this is a ZT-180' date=' its says Telechips 1Ghz processor. ?CPG[/QUOTE'] Yeah looks like a different one, also says only 800x600 res. But the seller seems sincere, on the comments on the bottom says "but tell the truth ,it is not original, pls give understanding."

·
Registered
11 Posts
[quote name='omarahum;51162]Yeah looks like a different one' date=' also says only 800x600 res. But the seller seems sincere, on the comments on the bottom says "but tell the truth ,it is not original, pls give understanding."[/QUOTE'] It could be they have changed the delivery over the past few weeks, but i know i am typing this on an ARM-based pt7901a device from zenithink, running on 1024x578 (cg600 graphics controller). at least, this is what deviceinfo tells me.The 0827 build runs smoothly on this one, as well as the market patch.howcome.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well i've just brought mine in the UK from this ebay seller:DigiBites items - Get great deals on items on eBay.co.uk Shops!I got it on auction for ?127.01I will of course do a full review of the buyer when the item arrives but i've heard very good things about this seller. Best of all according to the advert the seller has already upgraded the device to 0827, and it includes a screen protector and free UK delivery, along with pre-installed 'Apad' theme (which is one of many ipad-style interface for android, though according to his youtube video's this one has been custom made for him by one of his customers), which looks very impressive from the video demonstration.I have also just gone and ordered the leather kickstand case for it, and an 8gb SanDisk micro SDHC card for the device. I'm hopeful they will arrive later this week sometimeKind RegardsKris

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bee;51635 said:
got my eye on one there... lolhe seems to be truthfull so ill try at auction. cheers
:)
Best of luck my friend.I'll get back to you as soon as I get mine.I found I had to wait a good couple of weeks for the right auction to come along, most of them recently have been sort of ?160+ at close right up to almost ?200. Patience very much pays off though!Kind RegardsKris

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i've been on ebay trying and trying to win auction but never get them, never wanna go to high as i know i can get cheaper of ali express.So just now order one from there, with a seller with good feedback and also paid via paypal so all covered. Ended up paying ?125 for mine.I'll let you all know how it goes and how the seller is at shipping etc.Looks like i've found a new home. Once i get mine ill be on here all the time. You guys have helped me a great deal up to know.So I will let you all know how it goes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.