Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I was wondering if someone could email or post on here or point me in the right direction of the step by step version of how to hack the pandigital novel so I can read with eReader reader, mobipocket ereader?:confused:I'm pretty much a moron when it comes to this stuff and need more guidance than I'm finding. please:confused:I'm sorry if this isn't in the right place:eek:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Right below this thread are two other threads on mods you can use (one of them being mine). :)Keep in mind that all of these mods are "use at your own risk". The first thing I would recommend that you do is become familiar with flashing the device with Pandigital's original firmware, because that's going to be your backout in case something goes wrong with the mods.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
[quote name='jklmn;47396]??flashing??and does it matter if I have the white or the black novel?[/QUOTE] If you don't know that means' date=' then I would recommend that you take baby steps first. (Not trying to be negative, btw. Just being honest.)Pandigital has firmware updates for both the white and black Novels. Link:[URL=http://www.pandigital.net/Downloads']Pandigital » Downloads -- Pandigital Novel eReaders[/URL] For the white Novel, several of our mod instructions are very similar to how the original firmware is flashed (the SD card instuctions), so I recommend that you become comfortable with that process first, before doing any mods. Plus, you want the latest firmware from Pandigital just for the bug fixes it provides.As clockworx mentioned, the black Novel is very new and there are no hacks for it, at least not yet.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow I read the first bit to get an idea what u were doin but wow I don't even get that:(can I do these hacks with a mac ? I really do need someone to tell me exactly what I need to do and in what order, downloads.... etc......thanksps still don't get what flashing is though?[quote name='roebeet;47388]Right below this thread are two other threads on mods you can use (one of them being mine). :)Keep in mind that all of these mods are "use at your own risk". The first thing I would recommend that you do is become familiar with flashing the device with Pandigital's original firmware' date=' because that's going to be your backout in case something goes wrong with the mods.[/QUOTE']

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
roebeet;47408]If you don said:
Pandigital » Downloads -- Pandigital Novel eReaders[/url] For the white Novel, several of our mod instructions are very similar to how the original firmware is flashed (the SD card instuctions), so I recommend that you become comfortable with that process first, before doing any mods. Plus, you want the latest firmware from Pandigital just for the bug fixes it provides.As clockworx mentioned, the black Novel is very new and there are no hacks for it, at least not yet.
thats fine baby steps is awesome just what I need thank u

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
You can do some of these mods / hacks with any PC (MacOS / Linux / Windoze, doesn't matter). Basically, if you have the ability to copy a file to an SD card, then you can do some of these mods. But, again, I would suggest that you try out the Pandigital firmware update first, just to get your feet wet. Plus, that's always going to be your backout plan for mods so you want to be comfortable with it.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
You buy another computer. Do you think we get paid to do all this for you or something? Have you tried any of the options in those two threads?

·
Registered
460 Posts
lawman;73942 said:
You buy another computer. Do you think we get paid to do all this for you or something? Have you tried any of the options in those two threads?
I believe he does except you to do it for him

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
clockworx;73975 said:
You buy an iPad
TWO. The second gets mailed to me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lawman;73942 said:
WOWI figured since u are on here of your own free will meant u were a nice person that liked to help people, not someone that gave unhelpful answers?? well if I had the money to buy another computer then maybe I could afford a F#%%#^#^ ipad!!! but no I'm buying a 140$ reader and trying to make it work, to the best of it's ability !I'M A SHE!!! THANKS

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
LOL, Just go read the wiki (link is below in my signature) and this http://www.slatedroid.com/pandigita...2-start-here-beginners-guide-wpdn-9-24-a.htmlYou gotta realize it's incumbent upon you to do a minimal amount of research before you decide to hack into the guts of this very sophisticated piece of electronics, because if you don't we won't be responsible. If you've got an intel mac running snow leopard, you can do just about any hack here ... but you don't even need to do that. If you read what I linked, you'll figure out why and just how easy we've made this.Go forth and play.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ill be nice, Download and install the SDKDownloadRead the steps on how to setup the SDK, then read the wiki.Like roebeet said, most of these hacks on the board can be done on any pc. unless the hack requires windows only access you should be fine

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.