Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read about reference to the 7/24 firmware. However, the Pandigital web site only has the 7/18 firmware. Did they pull it? Where can I find the 7/24 firmware? :confused:Or is the 7/24 firmware non Pandigital?

·
Registered
592 Posts
[quote name='clockworx;29926][URL]http://pandigital.s3.amazonaws.com/userfiles/file/downloads/S10_07_24_K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip[/URL]This one works fine for me.Yeah' date=' there's a typo in the link. 24K instead of 24_KGOOD: S10_07_24_K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zipBAD: S10_07_24K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip[/QUOTE']yep. the underscore fixed it. lawman should fix that link.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
thanks. lmk if he doesn't fix it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Was there something wrong w/ the original 7_24 update? Just curious as to why Pandigital pulled it and still has the 7_18 update up. (Also because that's what I just updated with since I couldn't locate the 7_24...thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
7-24 was unusably buggy, for the most part, and had unpredictable results in some cases. Some people loved it, some people can't get rid of it. Use at your own risk.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
I have only seen a few people complain about it being buggy. Lawman and jackbox being the 2 biggest complainers. Most have no issues at all and some say that WiFi is having bigger issues since installing it. There was also the feeling that it killed the update ability of the installed B&N book store but that ended up being untrue as it was a server issue with B&N. I'm one of the ones that has no issues at all with the 7-24 update. It works great. I must note that this is with 2 different devices as I had to return my first device because of the cracking plastic body.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Does it seem odd to anyone that the devices seem to accept each fw update differently? 7-18 worked great for me, and 7-24 was a disaster. wolf had the opposite experience. As much as I'd love to say he's wrong and I'm right (I usually bet on myself... it just tends to work out well that way :p ), enough people are differing on this that I wonder if this is a build-quality issue, or maybe even a variant hardware issue... I do think it's odd that they pulled the 7-24 update too... Maybe wolf's device is different from the majority? Maybe mine is? Maybe Pandigital is shell-shocked, and pulls a fw preemptively after they get a few complaints.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
To my knowledge there is no difference, but that may be part of what I suggested above...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am running 7-24, but when first installed it seemed to require a few power on - power off cycles to get fully installed. It was stopping, acting as if the screen was touched when it hadn't and a bunch of other flakey stuff. It finally settled down and I have been happy ever since. I have seen no mention of the present 7-18 software having a "K" instead of a "C" (or whatever was there before) in the filename. Is it the same file, or a later version of the 7_18 software base?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
My experience has been good with 7/24. But keep in mind that I don't use any of the default PDN software, save their settings and video apps. As for WiFi, I still have some issues with sleep mode but power on works great. 7/24 also increased the CPU max frequency to 800Mhz.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.