Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After charging battery fully, readings show medium speed battery depletion until 60% and then readings show slowing down of battery depletion until it gets to 7% which is when it stands there for half an hour and then carries on until 4%?

I mean my battery readings are inconsistent which is not the case with branded tablets if I am correct? It is like there is not only software level but hardware level reading mechanism built into battery on low level. Why? Example would be when software readings show battery is charged 100% however I still see red battery charging light active for several minutes. It is like software and hardware battery readings are not exactly in sync.

I have updated from stock Android 4.1 to 4.2.2 which was supposed to re-gauge battery but things did not change. Battery was better when tablet was new but after half year battery got worse.

Finally, where can I source quality battery just in case? Can I find battery similar to one used in branded tablets in terms of quality? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,230 Posts
One of the problems with LiPo (Lithium Polymere) Batteries is that the chargers used by low cost Tablets didn't working correctly. LiPo Batteries are quite sensitive regarding the charging process and need an very stable and clean DC power for charging. Also, the charger needs to know there 1 or 2 LiPo's to be charged, even if they're connected in parallel and not serial! And last, but not least, the quality of the LiPo itself "play's" it's own role!

You may check with the RC-Model dealers for better LiPo Batteries, because they're using them in RC-Models as well, for to get some. Order from abroad, mainly China, may result in the same outcome! I would buy those Batteries locally only the get an local warranty.

This all may not helps but gives you an idea about what you're dealing with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts