Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
1,334 Posts
Why is the standard launcher locked into Portrait mode? Is there a way to unlock it so the default Home screen can be in Portrait also? If not can I uninstall the default Home Screen if I use another launcher?

· Banned
1,334 Posts
It takes up quite a bit of room. I'd say around 50 megs of space or so. It does slow down the PDN about 15 to 20% in my opinion but worth it to have the market enabled and working. There are a few bugs and occasional crashes but nothing a reset cannot take care of. The most annoying thing is the locking of the screen at boot and other times. Volume up (if hacked buttons) unlocks it though. I am wondering if deleting the default home.apk that the GE installs would cause problems? I have heard android likes about 50 megs of free space to run well. I have slightly over that after installing the GE and some other apps from the market.[quote name='Noah98;23594]Are there any disadvantages to installing the Google experience Pack Alpha? Slowdowns' date=' bugs, etc? I now have my device Id from the emulator, and I want to enable the marketplace on my device. I just want to make sure that I don't make my device run worse than it does now. I have it working really well now!Also, how big is the install size? I don't have much space left after I installed a ton of apps. I suppose I could install a few, but I need to know how much space to leave open. One last question, is it ok to have low disk space? Thanks![/QUOTE']

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.