Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is more/less a thread to rally the ePad scene but seriously, where are the real developers? Sure the ePad isn't the most powerful tablet but hell, It's has more resources than my Nintendo DSi and THAT can play NES and SNES roms better than my ePad. Its not that our machines aren't capable enough. They just need optimized software! Seriously! Our devices have so much potential it's crazy! Also, the lack of knowing is also shameful. Do people here just not take the time to test and see what their ePad can really do? Before my last ePad bricked I was streaming movies to it from my orb server, reading mangas, drawing, gaming (what Android games that did work), writing articles and making Google Voice phone calls from it. People, dont just give up on your tablets! Also for those of you making roms, maybe you should get together and think about splitting into teams, one for rom making and one for software. Also, lets take a look at the DS scene. optimized software is the way to go! Maybe a few ports of other emulators and what about getting MPlayer ported over too? I'm no programmer so I wont act like I'm super awesome BUT I am a guy that can see potential and trust me I did the same rallying in the Wii and DS scenes and look at where they are at, just pure awesomeness! Maybe we should list a few things that could be or need working and start from there. What do you people say?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm neither a programmer but i guess that the bottle neck around this device is the wm8505 processor that, as far as i know, the only feature it has is java other devices such as apad has rockchip processor that are capable of decoding video. Maybe android 2.x could be a great enhancement for this device cause i dont remember now the name of the technology that they use but if you see the video presententation of this OS they speed the system to the double capacity that android 1.x.I see that there are advances constantly. But well this kind of devices are quite new in scene and there is still a lot to do and learn, also there is the source code issues that the manufacturers doen't open. Maybe we should make a petition or something for getting those codes.Cheers im by your side on this.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Someone needs to take a look and compare a tablet with 2.1 and ours and figure out how to make 2.1 work...or something like that...lol...I wish I knew what I was talking about.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I do not know the first thing about coding but I am willing to learn if the android OS is an easier system to work with. I mean it seems allot more time consuming than it is hard. If its time needed, I have plenty of it.Hey lightly, join the epad/flytouch group in my profile. Trying to make it a place to consolidate our heads and get real work flowing for these pads.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
I am programmer since High School days IBM Keypunch Cards, COBOL, CP/2, LOGO, GEO, Basic, QBasic, Batch, WinBatch, C, C++, HTML, DHTML, XML, .NET, VB some other sorts of scripting. This OS is Linux base. Still the hardware in the tablet won't be able to work on 2.1 just too slow. So 1.6 is where it going to be.

·
Registered
439 Posts
But what is is about the 2.1 that makes the OS faster? It cannot be the hardware for that aspect because it is making machines faster over the prior versions. Has anyone been able to overclock the processors or is some source code needed?

·
Registered
409 Posts
android.git.kernel.org GitHere you can find git for Android kernel. And one more - one thing write applications and another is build kernel and OS itself.I am also professional programmer, but i can't do anything with this. I find doc how to compile android kernel - God damn, really crazy doc
!Here info from Google docs http://source.android.com/porting/build_system.html how to build system on Android yourself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.