Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate having to download these apps over and over when I do a firmware buRn. Where does it store the apk files when u download them? Or does it just download a temp file and install and delete it?sorry if this js a noo ie android question. I am a pc tech from 3o yrs now.thanks dave

·
Registered
120 Posts
Usually stored in a specified folder in Flash called "Download" accessible via USB.Correct me if im wrong but that's where mine are.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Apps that are downloaded from Market go into a folder named: "/data/app". You will not be able to find it using File Manager, but Root Explorer (also on Market) allows you to see these hidden files. The apps that are loaded as part of your original installation are stored in the folder: "/system/app".

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hate having to download these apps over and over when I do a firmware buRn. Where does it store the apk files when u download them? Or does it just download a temp file and install and delete it?sorry if this js a noo ie android question. I am a pc tech from 3o yrs now.thanks dave
You've gotten the answer as to the /data/app folder, but if you want to back these up so you won't have to download them again, the simpliest scheme is to use Astro File Manager as it has a handy App backup feature. It will back up all (non-system) apps to a /backup/ directory on your SD card. There you can do what you want with them as they are the .apk files.

What I like about Astro is it keeps the files as std apk files, but you can also use Titanium, and it's a far more powerful tool, but it stores your backups in a compressed (proprietary?) form, so it's not quite as handy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
your previous answers are right.... /data/app or /system/app depending on which device you have. I have a bpdn and mine are in /system/app. My personal favorite to get to these files is RootExplorer; downloadable off of android market or random (possibly not legal) places from google search.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I copied all my apps onto a separate SD card. I keep a copy of all the apps i get there and when i need them i just slip that card in. Of course i dont have access to android market. I do use Amazon market though but they keep a list of my apps and i can just re download them easily. Just a thought for your future en devours. A decent copy goes a long way.

Merry Christmas
pj02143

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.