Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called them locally today & was told that the Novel was $269. I don't see the Novel on their web site, just the picture frames. Where are you seeing all this sale activity?Cheers,kev

· Premium Member
1,425 Posts
[quote name='pawnslinger;17701]I bought mine at Bed Batth & Beyond... $169 - 20% coupon - MIR. Cheaper than Kohl's' date=' I think.[/QUOTE'] After the sale at Kohls it was $174.99. Then I had a 15% off and a $15 rebate. So I paid $134.74.

· Registered
142 Posts
The device went back up to their own MSRP price of $259.99, which is 60 dollars more than Pandigital's own MSRP. It's ridiculous I know, but if you print out the raincheck I posted earlier and take it to your local store and tell them you tried to purchase the device last week when it was in the paper for the sale price, they should give it to you for $159.99 and any coupons you might have.http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3553/raincheck.jpgFor the most part Kohl's should be avoided for ALL electronics purposes, but since the Novel was the only place (at first) to sell the unit at a generous discount, us buyers got incredibly lucky.

· Registered
9 Posts
I wasn't sure I was going to get one of these so I went looking for one over the weekend. I never saw one in the stores I visited and stupidly didn't ask if they had them. After reading all the posts about them here yesterday, I started calling around. I found only 1 from all the 6 stores I called and they listed it for $269. I was almost tempted to buy one from Bed, Bath & Beyond but I checked Kohl's website and they say they match prices with an ad ($169.99). Well, I had received a 30% discount coupon from Kohl's in the mail on Monday and I had $30 Kohl's cash from previous purchases so I went to the lone store today. It rang up at $199.99 and some discussion about price matching, I eventually got the manager to honor the Bed, Bath & Beyond price, got the 30% off and used my $30 Kohl's cash. Walked out the door for $104.11. I just started playing with this thing and am really impressed. Looking forward to hacking it in the future.Save yourself the time, the website lists it as unavailable. Call your area stores. They seem to have them at the Customer Service desk. The lady I talk to said they had one and it didn't have anyones name on it. It looks like they are holding them for rainchecks.

· Registered
133 Posts
[quote name='kmvargo;17932]I wasn't sure I was going to get one of these so I went looking for one over the weekend. I never saw one in the stores I visited and stupidly didn't ask if they had them. After reading all the posts about them here yesterday' date=' I started calling around. I found only 1 from all the 6 stores I called and they listed it for $269. I was almost tempted to buy one from Bed, Bath & Beyond but I checked Kohl's website and they say they match prices with an ad ($169.99). Well, I had received a 30% discount coupon from Kohl's in the mail on Monday and I had $30 Kohl's cash from previous purchases so I went to the lone store today. It rang up at $199.99 and some discussion about price matching, I eventually got the manager to honor the Bed, Bath & Beyond price, got the 30% off and used my $30 Kohl's cash. Walked out the door for $104.11. I just started playing with this thing and am really impressed. Looking forward to hacking it in the future.[/QUOTE']Anyone know if Pandigital is honoring the rebate from June?If so, kmvargo, you can get another $15 off!

· Registered
48 Posts
It seems that the regular retailers don't know how to market these cheap devices,as they are obviously trying to get the most profit out of them.Nothing wrong with profit, but when they end up with customers who have paid high dollar,only to see the item offered for so much less elsewhere, including online,all that will do is lead to people feeling cheated. (which would only cost the company in the future)Fair and competitive pricing, plus the benefit of no shipping, then they will corner the market on sales,if only for the convenience.

· Registered
9 Posts
[quote name='SpinControl;17945]Anyone know if Pandigital is honoring the rebate from June?If so' date=' kmvargo, you can get another $15 off![/QUOTE']The Kohl rebate says it expired on 7/11 but I might try contacting Pandigital and see what they say. I would love to get another $15 back but I'm still happy with my cost now. Now to find a cheap 8 or 16GB Micro SD card.

· Registered
133 Posts
kmvargo;17974 said:
The Kohl rebate says it expired on 7/11 but I might try contacting Pandigital and see what they say. I would love to get another $15 back but I'm still happy with my cost now. Now to find a cheap 8 or 16GB Micro SD card.
Just tell them that you had a raincheck at Kohls for the PDN. You had anticipated on buying it before Father's Day. Since it was recalled, are they still honoring the rebate from June as you just picked yours up via the raincheck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.