Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's there?Texas Instruments OMAP 3530 CPUTexas Instruments TPS65920B Power Management ChipMicron MT29C2G48MAKLCJA-0 2 GB Flash MemoryCirrus Logic CS43L22 Sound Chip with 2 x 1 watt AmplifierJRC G591 GPS ModuleJorjin WG7310 Wifi/Bluetooth/FM Combo ModuleTexas Instruments TSC2046IPW Touchscreen Controller10 pin Mini USB connectorWhat's missing?Microphone4 pin USB A Female connector19 pin HDMI Mini connector2 large and 1 small blank pads for ICsOther Stuff5 pin headphone jack? (Hope one is for a mic, like iPhone headsets)3 antenna connectors? (1 is covered with a chip, I guess that's for the Wifi, the other 2 are missing, I guess for BT & FM)"TV/S-Video" and "RS232" are printed on the board, but I don't see where these would goCopper foil (Covers CPU/memory area only on boards with GPS, I guess to keep the CPU's radiation from interfering with it)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,nice to see the details, I am waiting for my tablet and hopefully it will arrive this week. First thing I am going to do after power on checks is to open and try to make list of all the hardware inside along with any possible information of interconnects with omap3530 etc. I know the interconnect thing will not be simple but with help of multimeter and some guessing, I am sure a rough schematic can be made. I want to do this so that this information can be used to port other OSes to A81-E, such as MeeGo or many other linux flavors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've just seen the A81linux project page which lists the GPS module as an Ublox G5010-ST.Maybe UBlox don't manufacture parts themselves and just license designs to other vendors, but it is strange that JRC don't list this part anywhere.If the GPS chip is actually labeled as JRC G591 I'd bet it's just some manufacturer selling ublox knockoffs labeled as non existent JRC parts.

·
Registered
88 Posts
[quote name='free-lexx;43848]What about microphone' date=' is it possible to solder it on board (there are 2 pinholes marked "mic") and adjust configure Android to use it?[/QUOTE'] Unfortunately there is nothing to be done.They wanted to save 1$, they have mounted TMS65920 (unlike other models, this is the only one who does not have microphone inputs) in tandem with the CS43L22 (that this is the only one who does not have ADC, just passtrough inputs).Unless someone is not so good with a soldering iron and replace the CS43L22 with a CS42L52. (40 pin)

·
Registered
16 Posts
What's there?Texas Instruments OMAP 3530 CPUTexas Instruments TPS65920B Power Management ChipMicron MT29C2G48MAKLCJA-0 2 GB Flash MemoryCirrus Logic CS43L22 Sound Chip with 2 x 1 watt AmplifierJRC G591 GPS ModuleJorjin WG7310 Wifi/Bluetooth/FM Combo ModuleTexas Instruments TSC2046IPW Touchscreen Controller10 pin Mini USB connectorWhat's missing?Microphone4 pin USB A Female connector19 pin HDMI Mini connector2 large and 1 small blank pads for ICsOther Stuff5 pin headphone jack? (Hope one is for a mic, like iPhone headsets)3 antenna connectors? (1 is covered with a chip, I guess that's for the Wifi, the other 2 are missing, I guess for BT & FM)"TV/S-Video" and "RS232" are printed on the board, but I don't see where these would goCopper foil (Covers CPU/memory area only on boards with GPS, I guess to keep the CPU's radiation from interfering with it)
I have a Wits A81H. This is the capacitive model. I cracked mine open, and what I found was:
Cirrus CS42L52-CNZ Audio chip
Jorjin WG7310-00 WIFI/BT/FM module based on the TI WL1271 chip
JRC G591 GPS module (Spec sheet lists a 7DLTS0058)
GPS Antenna 1575R-A
TPS65920B TI Power Management IC with Audio
DM3730 TI OMAP3 Cortex A8 1GHz CPU with POWER SGX Graphics Accelerator
OXA98 JW498 Micron 8Gb NAND Flash/memory chip (512MB NAND/512MB SDRAM)
CY8CTMG120-56 Cypress Semiconductors multi-touch screen driver
SMSC USB2514B SMSC USB 2.0 hub controller
065 U038 116 BMA150 Tri-Axis Accelerometer

Additionally the LCD had the number 20810700150120 BB31000070

Unknown chips:
CKQ TI 09W Z50K
EW=CC 81X
P1210B B TI 0AI AOL9 G1

Still hunting details on the unknowns.

There are two clearly marked solder pads on the board for mic installation, but uncertain if there are any additional components omitted that might need to drive the missing mic. Space for mic installation is limited, it would have to point out the back or the bottom of the device.

Also has a memory flash switch missing, but again clearly labelled.

Took photos while apart. Sliced the foil to get access to the chips beneath. Will post as soon as I migrate them from my phone.

I'm looking into the resources on how to build a new kernel/firmware for my device since it is now unsupported.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I found the GPS module on the JRC web site, but now that I have gone back, they no longer list it, but do have a different one there, the CCA512. Additionally, there is a spec sheet that listed internally a 7DLTS0058.
I've just seen the A81linux project page which lists the GPS module as an Ublox G5010-ST.Maybe UBlox don't manufacture parts themselves and just license designs to other vendors, but it is strange that JRC don't list this part anywhere.If the GPS chip is actually labeled as JRC G591 I'd bet it's just some manufacturer selling ublox knockoffs labeled as non existent JRC parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.