Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Since Swoody left us for another tablet...I don't see anybody who try to create/improve a new rom for our c91-upg.

I am very far away from beeing able to do that, it is a simple question.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sorry but I don't have his knowledge for making a rom.
He knows how to improve and push this pad to the max.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Its not that hard, really. You just have to open the folder archives (preferably on a linux box), and change the application files within.
For example, for a new launcher you remove the launcher.apk from system/app.
If you want to make an app uninstallable, you move it from the system/app to data/app.

To change bootanimation, you google for animation.zip files and push them to system/media/bootanimation.zip.

if you want to remove applications, delete the corresponding apk file, if you want to update them, download the newest version with your tab and back them up with a backup app.
Move to PC and put in update archive.

Being able to do this is just a matter of a few google searches and a little bit of common sense.

Sorry for sounding harsh or being ungrateful for somebody making a "rom", but for this device this is no magic as there is no compilation required at all, therefore no possibility to improve many things, just working around the symptoms.

aonir

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your message.
But I do not agree with you.

It's not just "change and swap application"...she did more than that.
You can see it by testing the tab on quadran or antutu...she optimize the system to work better and take less ressources.

That's not a simple work.

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
Thanks for your message.
But I do not agree with you.

It's not just "change and swap application"...she did more than that.
You can see it by testing the tab on quadran or antutu...she optimize the system to work better and take less ressources.

That's not a simple work.
Hi Newnick,
I was just wondering if you ever ran a benchmark with my kernel with the stock ROM and with swoody13's ROM and how far apart were the scores? I've never seen or used a ZT-282 and was just wondering how big of a difference the scores are (using the same OCed kernel)..... Thanks....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I only make a benchmark with the original rom without chaning the kernel (from zenithink)...and a benchmarck with the zenidroid rom with your kernel.

If you wish, I'll can do that.
But to be sure, can you mail me a link with the kernel and the stockrom you want me to benchmark ?
So i'll flash it...and do the benchmark.

Thanks

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
Well, I only make a benchmark with the original rom without chaning the kernel (from zenithink)...and a benchmarck with the zenidroid rom with your kernel.

If you wish, I'll can do that.
But to be sure, can you mail me a link with the kernel and the stockrom you want me to benchmark ?
So i'll flash it...and do the benchmark.

Thanks
Just whatever kernel of mine you usually use.... In your signature it says 900MHz, so that one would be fine, and it says you are using swoody13's ROM based on the 0818 ROM, so that ROM and the stock Zenithink 0818 (with the 900MHz kernel of mine)....

My mediafire account has been suspended for a week now, still not getting a reply from my support tickets submitted as to why, I've uploaded most of the kernels and recovery's I've made to minus.com for now, if you need to download something... - http://minus.com/mbpxkkJCz4#1l (As you know, rename the file to just ZT282.kernel or ZT282.recovery, there is no folder within a folder support on minus.com right now, so had to rename the files to differentiate between all of them, and you only need to download the corresponding recovery file if you want/use a 2 GB data partition on your tablet)....

Thanks again for doing this, I just want to know how much of a difference there really is trying to modify the build.prop and the other ROM files to the benchmarks scores....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.