Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,Today I decided to buy one of these aPad thingies - I've actually ended up buying two just to see which one I prefer (I figure they're not that expensive and I can always try to sell on). I've just found your site and I'm hoping I've bought the right things - I'd appreciate someones feedback on the following couple of items and either reassure me what I bought is right or tell me I've been a tool and bought the wrong thing!Eken M001:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260596916515&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:ITiRobot/aPad:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130403178050Looking forward to your replies.Riggzby

·
Registered
31 Posts
Greetings from London. I can tell you what I choose - I decide to buy EKEN M001 and I found one in London and I had possibility to pick it up personally. I know, one which you found is much cheaper than mine - I paid for mine ?103 - but no regrets. The seller was a reliable person, I spend 40 minutes to test two different devices and finally I decided to pick one what I have.I had opportunity to buy aPad but it was too-iPad for me - but EKEN, maybe slower device - but it looks definitely different and I don't want to pretend I have an iPad - I decided to but an Android Tablet which looks different and I'm happy with my choice. Maybe... one day I'll choose iPad itself... who knows?

·
Registered
247 Posts
[quote name='Nasedo;10886]I had opportunity to buy aPad but it was too-iPad for me - but EKEN' date=' maybe slower device - but it looks definitely different and I don't want to pretend I have an iPad - I decided to but an Android Tablet which looks different and I'm happy with my choice. Maybe... one day I'll choose iPad itself... who knows?[/QUOTE'] Same here. I got my EKEN M001 via trademe.co.nz (New Zealand's "eBay"). I paid NZ$156 for it (about US$110). I have an Android phone (Nexus One) and wanted to try a tablet to see what they are like. My expectations were low for such a cheap, low-spec device. I have been pleasantly surpised by the M001. It's very usable. Especially with the v1.7.4 firmware update. That made the device a little faster and fixed most of the obvious bugs. For example, on v1.7.4, YouTube works and in Google Maps "Streetview" works, too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
[quote name='linuxluver;12263] I have an Android phone (Nexus One) and wanted to try a tablet to see what they are like. My expectations were low for such a cheap' date=' low-spec device. [/QUOTE']I have an Androis phone as you are, but I have different one - THC Desire. Considering buying EKEN M001 I never had expectation it will be better / faster than my phone. It suppose to be a very nice experimental device with reading books (on the bigger screen) possibilities.I got some extra (email / internet browsing / maps etc).[quote name='linuxluver;12263]For example' date=' on v1.7.4, YouTube works and in Google Maps "Streetview" works, too.[/QUOTE']If I remember correctly street view doesn't work properly on v1.7.2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.