Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just updated my Pandigital Novel to the latest firmware...then when I checked the Support section in my settings it says my serial number is: 00000000000000000What is going on here?--bornagainpenguin

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote name='geebekazoo;29499]Congratulations!!!!!! You got the last Beta prototype before the official production run started! /;=D[/QUOTE]I know you're joking' date=' but I'm nervous as heck--this is a brand new device and how am I supposed to get support for it if it isn't recognized by Pandigital? I had a serial number before I updated. Also according to AVAST the autorun.inf was a virus. What the heck is going on?here's a picture I took with the webcam on my eeepc so you know I'm not joking around:[URL=http://img838.imageshack.us/i/20100803193829.jpg/']
[/URL]What is going on here and how do I fix it?--bornagainpenguin

· Registered
70 Posts
Mine was the same way- 0 for the sn. Once I flashed the later firmware the sn was displayed properly. Prob another on of those items on the list that didnt affect function so it was low on the fix list.

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'm reflashing now and I'm not going to touch it until it finishes and displays the calibration screen. i suspect i'm trying to interact with it and stopping something from running when it still needs to run some script or something as part of the flashing during the reboot. Hopefully it is just stupidity on my part and not a result of me somehow fubaring it completely.--bornagainpenguin

· Registered
14 Posts
My first novel had a serial number, but sometime after flashing it lost it as well. Wasn't all zeros but more like the base # which is 7010000710701000. There was a file with some xml dumped in LOST.DIR that had this as well.Other places to find the SN are on the box it came in on a sticker by the UPC and under the battery cover. Anyone else notice that they either have 2 numbers back there, or that it was issued a new number and a sticker placed over the old one?

· Premium Member
2,102 Posts
use the advanced box in the lower right. This will allow you to edit. Don't click on the normal save button.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.