Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy an Android tablet. Main purpose being browsing (including youtube) in bed/on the bank (right now I'm using an "ultraportable" D420 laptop for that - which is great but a bit bulky) and secondary purpose just messing around with the Android OS (I'm a little hacker about to start a Computer Science study). I want to spend around $200, give or take 50.I'm mostly interested in the browsing, video and low-end gaming are second up the list. Maybe I'll use it for taking notes, study books and the like or navigation, but that's unlikely. But who knows what could happen.I'm not an iPad person, and consequently, I don't want anything that looks like it. I'm scared of the home screen button and those large borders around the screen.I've done quite some searching, and right now, my money ($210 shipped) is on the Witstech A81-E - apparently Android 2.2 firmware has been released for that. According to the reviews, it's good value for money. The good battery (replaceable!) life and browsing speed are big selling points for me. Apparently it also plays video well and GPS, USB hosting (OTG) and the promise of bluetooth and flash in a later update are nice to have.So, I'm rather sold on the A81-E. Does anyone have experiences with that? Does anybody want to suggest another device? There are a lot out there and I would be mistaken to assume I could get a reasonably clear view of things without help. Are there any planned devices I should be aware of?Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope. no G-sensor and no software screen rotation has been implemented as of yet either.Is there anyone who actually has this device and would like to make a comment? Or anyone who decided against getting and got something else in favor of it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
i have had my a81-e for several days now and i am very pleased with the unit,the unit is well made and comes with android 2.1 and not 2.2 as somebody has said. it does not have android market but there is a lot of other sites so getting apk`s is not a worry,it also has a replaceable battery but leaving wi fi on drains the battery a lot quicker. so to would i suggest you buy one----yes but that was my decision and you may not think it would be the one for for you but it works for what i use it for(reading,watching movies and surfing the web). i bought mine from merrimobiles and with delivery to uk cost of ?170

·
Banned
205 Posts
I have had an a81e for a while now wince 2.1 and now 2.2 I have to say very happy with it, the g-sensor thing really bothers me but other than that top notch hardware, software side developing rapidly 2.2 is nice new update tomorrow fixes gps. Plays games like wave blazer and raging thunder. The longer I have this the more I like it. Think buying this tablet is a solid choice considering the competition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.