Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an apad from ebay and the size of the device is237mm ? 125mm ? 14mmwhich doesn't seem right. If you draw a rectangle of these dimensions and place a rectangle the size of a 7 inch screen, the border is very large.Other apads have the dimensions190mm X 118.5mm x 14.7mmwhich seems correct.See attachmentWhat are the dimensions of your apad?

·
Registered
154 Posts
237mm ? 125mm ? 14mm These are the dimensions my ebay auction said. What i recieved was an Orphan m70003. More or less an Eken m001 that looks like the apad. Slower processor and smaller battery. I complained to the seller then said I didn't think I should be responsible for the shipping back and he let me keep it for 30% of the price I was buying the apad for. Filling an ebay case probably helped. So I should make some money selling it at least. I bought a Pandigital Novel instead.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To iplaythisgameBelow are the specs from the ebay auction. Because of the DSP600MHz, I assumed it was a apad. Did your ebay auction show these specs?Processor = CPU600MHz+DSP600MHzProcessor frequency = 1.2GHzMemory = FAST EPC DDR 128MBBuilt-in NandFlash = 2GB NAND Flash (1.2GB Available) Expansion storage devices = TF card, Flash Drives (UP to 32GB)LCD display = 7" TFT touch screen, 800 ? 480Touch = Multi-Point Touch ScreenInternet support = WIFI wireless Internet access to supportUSB = 2 X USBAudio = Built-in stereo speakersBattery = 2700mAH, 7.4V Li-ion batteriesPower adapter = 110 or 240V Input, 9V DC Output, 2AProduct Size = 237mm ? 125mm ? 14mmOperating system = Google Android 1.5

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes I have ordered the same apad I'm confused now I drew out the same thing and then looked at what I won the sizes were different and I could network it out and I put it down to the fact there's that many folk selling these that quick there writing anything down. So which ones which as I'm worried all this will lead me going nuts as I really took my time in ordering the pad reading reviews and watching YouTube.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i got a m70003 instead of an apad. most of the sellers on ebay are either not familiar with their product or trying pass off a M70003 for an apad. this via processor is not as good. Mine came with a 'demo purpose only' on top left corner. matt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello allI have received a M7003 yesterday, one month since I won the auction, but what I have ordered actually was a Rockchip APAD tablet, so I am very disappointed for the item received. I am waiting for a refund of the 50% of my purchase as the expecting item was faster and more responsible. The main problem when you ask for something in China. You just can not trust in.What to say about the M7003?The performance is very poor. Only 128 mb and with 300 Mgz so you just can do simple task, but do not try to run any 720 movie or browse internet fast. In general terms, you just have to wait for every task you made. Currently is equipped with Android 1,6 software, the screen is not for use with fingers, you would have to use a stylus. In addition the battery duration using wifi is not last more than 100 Minutes.Summarizing, do not pay more than 90 $ for this item and is not worth more , it could be used to consult mail, see some images, read some books and not much more.I am looking for any update at slatedroid.com, just in case.BR

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Received the item yesterday. Of course it was an Orphan M70003 with VIA processor. I am going to protest with the ebay seller. The unit was not 237mm x 125mm, it is 203mm x 137mm.Interesting though, I had an Eken M001 which would not play YouTube videos, whereas, this one has an icon to connect with YouTube and it does play videos. But, this unit is still slow and battery life is only about 2 hours with wifi. The build quality seems okay.I sold it already and I'll buy one with a Rockchip processor.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered what was supposed to be an aPad from ebay. The stated specs were:processor CPU600MHz+DSP600MHZProcessor frequency 1.2GHzMemory FAST EPC DDR 128MBBuilt-NandFlash 2G NAND FLASH (1.2G Available)Expansion storage devices TF card, Flash Drives (UP to 32GB)LCD display 7 ?TFT touch screen, 800 ? 480Touch Multi-Point Touch ScreenInternet support WIFI wireless Internet access to supportUSB 2 X USBAudio Built-in stereo speakersBattery 2700mAH, 7.4V Li-ion batteriesPower adapter 110 or 240V Input, 9V DC Output, 2AProduct Size 237mm ? 125mm ? 14mmOperating system Google Android 1.5However, mine is:204mm x 137mm x 10mmI can tell it is slow; it has a VIA CPU logo on the back.It also has Android 1.6.What do I need to say in my message to the seller to get a refund? (in exchange for shipping it back.) Do I have any other better options? I am in the US, the seller was from shenzhen.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered what was supposed to be an aPad from ebay. The stated specs were:processor CPU600MHz+DSP600MHZProcessor frequency 1.2GHzMemory FAST EPC DDR 128MBBuilt-NandFlash 2G NAND FLASH (1.2G Available)Expansion storage devices TF card, Flash Drives (UP to 32GB)LCD display 7 “TFT touch screen, 800 ? 480Touch Multi-Point Touch ScreenInternet support WIFI wireless Internet access to supportUSB 2 X USBAudio Built-in stereo speakersBattery 2700mAH, 7.4V Li-ion batteriesPower adapter 110 or 240V Input, 9V DC Output, 2AProduct Size 237mm ? 125mm ? 14mmOperating system Google Android 1.5However, mine is:204mm x 137mm x 10mmI can tell it is slow; it has a VIA CPU logo on the back.It also has Android 1.6.What do I need to say in my message to the seller to get a refund? (in exchange for shipping it back.) Do I have any other better options? I am in the US, the seller was from shenzhen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I bought two of these. I just filed a dispute with eBay. Both sellers (it actually came from the same seller using two different seller names) responded, one seller responded by offering to send a 4 port USB hub. The other seller said to send it back.Both responses are not acceptable. I requested a partial refund and will refuse their initial responses. But, I don't have much leverage, so I am going to continue to press for a partial refund.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you guys. The ebay auction had the specs of an Apad, but i received the M70003 with "demo purpose only" in the top left. i will dispute this and request a refund. Can the Eken 001 firmwares be used on this thing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you send the items back to China? I am now facing the same difficulty and I find it difficult to find a cheap tracked service for the item to be sent back to the seller. The problem is that my local post office doesn't provide worldwide tracking, I would only recieve a recipe that the package was sent. Hence I most likely can't give any delivery confirmation to eBay after the package is delivered back to the seller.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.