Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

What is your preferred Launcher/Shell ???

I am running the VeganTab Rom (I reccommend it, Boot time is 33 seconds!) it comes with VT Launcher, which is ok (I mainly use the home launcher), I have taken a look at SPB Shell its very slick but a bit of a resource hog 4 processes & 50 Megs of Memory.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Launcher Pro for me. From ages. Go is nice, zeam too, adw also, but none got the whole options i use with LP (transitions, scrolling dockbar, DAMN FAST (understand fluid)...) i only miss, for the tablet, to lock in vertical use.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would you mind checking under running services and letting me know what resources Launcher Pro is using?

Cheers

·
Registered
805 Posts
VTL.Launcher that is built into VeganTab, its based on ADW and is the most "tablet friendly" launcher there is..

you can just download the launcher from their site for free

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have to agree with VTL.Launcher on VeganTab. I tried Launcher Pro Plus and ADW EX but even though they were super smooth and full of features they were actually really slow at swiping between home screens, even at the highest speed settings. Shame. VTL is the best for tablets.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,
I'd like to try the Regina Launcher on my Hannspad. I just did the ICS upgrade and it seems to be working OK.

But when I try to look for Regina Launcher on Market it does not display it, and even trying to install from PC it will not recognize the Hannspad.

I'm guessing it thinks the device is incompatible, but other people have commented that they are using it on a Hannspad.

I assume I'll have to hack the build.prop file, but I have no idea what to change in it.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Geoff

PS. I have Droid Explorer working and can access the system folder OK.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I tried many of them for ICS, and i'm sticking with Apex Launcher :

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have ICS Rom from Teamd..on my Hannspad for 2 days and am getting messages from Market that I have insuffient storage available....How can that be? I have partitioned internal memory and 16GB external sd card?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm using the teamdrh ICS rom and I find apex is the most stable and quick launcher. Nova is pretty good as well.
I have to agree,....still new here,... but on many good references installed apex on my hannspad ICS and it works like a charm. The normal launcher works on hannspad but is not well suited for this tablet in ICS.

I am wondering if the prefered launcher in JB is Apex as well?

Ah well........ time will tell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts