Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Nook is SN 100337xxxxxx & there is some talk of not currently being able to root it. Mine doesn't have a MicroSD card in the internal socket. I have read conflicting info about this, so I want to be sure I understand what I am dealing with here.Cheers,kev

·
Registered
16 Posts
According to Nookdevs This is still not possible. "Nooks with serial #s starting with 1003 (running firmware 1.4.1) cannot be rooted, and should NOT be attempted."I'm Stuck in the same Boat on this one. I got it thinking I might hack it later on if i felt the need, only be find out No way to do it yet. O well I really haven't felt the need to hack it yet, and with the new Nook color coming out I think I will be trying to get a First Run of those and see about getting it hacked

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
are yours wifi or 3g nooks? mine is 3g - admittedly early run, and I had it rooted and unrooted it b/c I use it to read and only read.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thanks for the link. Mine is WiFi too. so I will read through the steps & see if I am brave enough to try it. I use mine for reading only, so I need to first determine if there is a value add to rooting it. I would like this unit to display the book cover in sleep mode like the Kobo.Cheers,kev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts