Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just recieved apad at the moment i have the default firmware and things generally fell kinda messy which is to be expected i guess.there is so much advice and counter advice which is confusing me.what things do you think will improve the apad in future and is updating /flashing firmware essential?would like to hear any thoughts!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The CPU/DSP inside the aPad. Supposedly it's old news as the chipmaker releases new versions. It's good for what it does, but wont really have the balls to support the new versions of Google Android.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Support may have ended from rockchip, but I think this chipset still has the support of the community. I still has the power to run newer versions of android as well given the right drivers and kernel. I'm no linux developer (I make windows stuff) but I think if someone were to hack at least 1.6 or 2.x into this device we would have an ass kicking tablet. As an example look at all of the stuff that XDA-Developers have dones with crappy windows phones. They have made great strides in hacking those phones (which were never made to run android) and they now run 2.1(Eclair). I'm sure we could do the same here and I don't think we should give up on this device.

·
Registered
6 Posts
[quote name='Takiyon;15841]Support may have ended from rockchip' date=' but I think this chipset still has the support of the community. I still has the power to run newer versions of android as well given the right drivers and kernel. I'm no linux developer (I make windows stuff) but I think if someone were to hack at least 1.6 or 2.x into this device we would have an ass kicking tablet. As an example look at all of the stuff that XDA-Developers have dones with crappy windows phones. They have made great strides in hacking those phones (which were never made to run android) and they now run 2.1(Eclair). I'm sure we could do the same here and I don't think we should give up on this device.[/QUOTE'] I doubt it, I have been trying for the past seceral weeks to recompile 2.2 for the device, but without the specific instructions for the device it has been a waste of time. You need the info from RockChip, without which this is a dead end. If you can get someone to help it would be appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.