Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used nothing but Windows Mobile phones since January, 2006, but yesterday, it arrived. The Droid X, arguably the best Android phone out there. I am in love with this phone so far. 4.3" capacitive screen. HDMI out. Incredible speed. Android 2.1 (official 2.2 release this month). Anyway, I'm rambling on. What phones do you use?

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Blackberry 9650 on Sprint w/ simply eeeeeeverything plan.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I have a Blackberry Tour which is work issued. I don't really like the phone but can't complain when your getting a phone for free.Would much rather get a Droid X if I had the choice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i currently use the HTC Evo 4G running an ever-updating version of CM6 (i run the nightlies)... nothing like hooking up a wiimote to play all my PSX games (i get a solid 58fps)...those of you with the X you are so so lucky to have a dev that came up with a FULL HDMI out hack - the Evo devs are stumped how to get that implemented... messed around with the Epic 4G - the keyboard will piss you off, it is WORSE than the TP1 and TP2... the thing just slides and wiggles in the hand making the phone feel very cheap overall... oh yeah, the samoled screen has some sort of image retention issue too, so when viewing websites with white backgrounds (like almost all forums or news sites) you see the dock bar, some home screen icons and the notification bar ghosted on the screen... it goes away, but it comes back equally fast as well... at the end of the day, i went right back to the evo.looking forward to getting my first wm7 device as well - should be a powerhouse and may tip the mobile market balance back towards microsoft... but that is a big maybe

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nokia 5230. Cheapest touchscreen Nokia with GPS. The 640x360 screen on a 3.2" screen is lovely. The free navigation by Nokia via Ovi Maps is even lovelier! It's great for making calls, texting, light browsing (like checking scores at the US Open), and GPS, as this unit locks on to a signal extremely quick even without enabling A-GPS. The battery life is pretty good too.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I also have a crackberry - work assigned, and completely locked down (no access to the microsD slot, camera disabled etc). Can't justify my own phone unless this thing disappears.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.