Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My orphan m16 ordered on Aug 2 arrived on Aug 14 in one piece to my surprise. As accepted after getting to know it for an hour I came a cross some glitches. From wifi to screen rotation, clicking on icons and nothing happening. System frizzes (reset button is my friend). There is 2 apps titled in chines. One is basket and the other is pinguin w/ a phone. What are they? Reading a lot of the postings I'm not sure if I should do anything w/ the ROM. Is there anything better? Here is what I got:MODEL p7901aFirmware 2.1-update 1Kernel 2.6.32.9 [email protected] #1655Build number p7901a-eng 2.1 updat1 ERE27 eng.root.20100803.140926 test-keysThanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well there is no advantage with wince over android. Do you think going up to 0804 is better than what I have? I believe I have 0803.

·
Registered
59 Posts
[quote name='Tosko;39716]WinCE is ok' date=' but the battery life is not as long compared to running the android OS on your system.[/QUOTE'] That is good to know. I'm expecting my wince model to arrive tomorrow or friday.I'm making the sacrifice of "cool" for functionality sake at this point.If there is ever an awesome 2.1 or 2.2 rom I'll flash to that.Steve

·
Registered
59 Posts
Jacob;39829 said:
Well there is no advantage with wince over android. Do you think going up to 0804 is better than what I have? I believe I have 0803.
What do you mean no advantage? It appears to be a full featured tablet with wince, and no errors popping up all the time. Wince is also a lot faster.Have you tried wince? It's actually quite good.I will post a video after mine arrives and we'll see if there's no advantage.Edit: corrected spelling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts