Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
This forum has been set up and is intended as a work area for WPDN developers and testers willing to risk their device should they not take proper precautions.

Not recommended for inexperienced users and Password protected for Junior Members protection. Been seeing too many bricked devices because of factory fw confusion as it is.

Anyone wanting access must contact a mod/admin for password:

WPDN Mods - blazingwolf - terminander - randomblame - chambejp

Hero Members/Admins/FW Devs/Global Mods/Moderators will require no password.

Good luck, regards, and have fun...

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
So errors on build with RB's source from github on Jellybean.

Code:
<br />
<br />
In file included from frameworks/av/include/media/IAudioFlinger.h:37:0,<br />
                 from frameworks/av/include/media/AudioSystem.h:22,<br />
                 from frameworks/av/include/media/MediaPlayerInterface.h:29,<br />
                 from frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/timedtext/TimedTextDriver.cpp:24:<br />
hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/audio_policy.h:160:37: error: 'audio_policy_output_flags_t' has not been declared<br />
hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/audio_policy.h:272:38: error: 'audio_policy_output_flags_t' has not been declared<br />
In file included from frameworks/av/include/media/AudioSystem.h:22:0,<br />
frameworks/av/include/media/IAudioFlinger.h:151:42: error: 'audio_module_handle_t' has not been declared<br />
frameworks/av/include/media/IAudioFlinger.h:164:41: error: 'audio_module_handle_t' has not been declared<br />
frameworks/av/include/media/IAudioFlinger.h:205:13: error: 'audio_module_handle_t' does not name a type<br />
make: *** [/media/Hitachi_/CM10OUTPUT/CM10/target/product/aml8726m/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libstagefright_timedtext_intermediates/TimedTextDriver.o] Error 1<br />
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....<br />
                 from frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/timedtext/TimedTextPlayer.cpp:25:<br />
hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/audio_policy.h:160:37: error: 'audio_policy_output_flags_t' has not been declared<br />
hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/audio_policy.h:272:38: error: 'audio_policy_output_flags_t' has not been declared<br />
In file included from frameworks/av/include/media/AudioSystem.h:22:0,<br />
frameworks/av/include/media/IAudioFlinger.h:151:42: error: 'audio_module_handle_t' has not been declared<br />
frameworks/av/include/media/IAudioFlinger.h:164:41: error: 'audio_module_handle_t' has not been declared<br />
frameworks/av/include/media/IAudioFlinger.h:205:13: error: 'audio_module_handle_t' does not name a type<br />
make: *** [/media/Hitachi_/CM10OUTPUT/CM10/target/product/aml8726m/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libstagefright_timedtext_intermediates/TimedTextPlayer.o] Error 1<br />

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent! I take it this means you have power and maybe a bit of "free" time?

Since this forum's topics cannot be read by Junior members, Would you rather post an announcement in FW/Dev regarding password access for capable / interested participants? or should we pm a few invites?

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
I had to make a few changes to RB's code as there are differences between ICS and JB and it seems what was uploaded to github was ICS sources.

Am compiling now and we'll see how it works.

Why not let anyone read it but only approved people post? We can make a separate post for people to ask questions or whatever that way we can keep this dev thread clean

One BIG Difference from ICS to JB is LOGD LOGE LOGV and such. They are now something like ALOGD ALOGE ALOGV so every single place logging is put in ICS and below code needs to be changed to JB code lol. Also in device files device.mk you have this
Code:
$(call inherit-product, frameworks/base/build/tablet-dalvik-heap.mk)
It's now
Code:
$(call inherit-product, frameworks/native/build/tablet-dalvik-heap.mk)
Notably the change from frameworks/BASE/build to frameworks/NATIVE/build

Hmmm and we may have to rewrite InputReader.cpp Old Legacy Touchscreen hacks for WPDN do not appear to work.

Code:
<br />
rameworks/base/services/input/InputReader.cpp:972:0: warning: "LEGACY_TOUCHSCREEN" redefined [enabled by default]<br />
<command-line>:0:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition<br />
frameworks/base/services/input/InputReader.cpp: In member function 'void [URL=android::InputDevice::process(const]android::InputDevice::process(const[/URL] [URL=android::RawEvent*]android::RawEvent*[/URL], size_t)':<br />
frameworks/base/services/input/InputReader.cpp:1010:15: error: 'const struct [URL=android::RawEvent']android::RawEvent'[/URL] has no member named 'scanCode'<br />
frameworks/base/services/input/InputReader.cpp:1016:23: error: 'struct [URL=android::RawEvent']android::RawEvent'[/URL] has no member named 'scanCode'<br />
frameworks/base/services/input/InputReader.cpp:1016:44: error: 'const struct [URL=android::RawEvent']android::RawEvent'[/URL] has no member named 'scanCode'<br />
frameworks/base/services/input/InputReader.cpp:1021:21: error: 'mapper' was not declared in this scope<br />
frameworks/base/services/input/InputReader.cpp:1032:23: error: 'struct [URL=android::RawEvent']android::RawEvent'[/URL] has no member named 'scanCode'<br />
frameworks/base/services/input/InputReader.cpp:1035:21: error: 'mapper' was not declared in this scope<br />
frameworks/base/services/input/InputReader.cpp:1040:23: error: 'struct [URL=android::RawEvent']android::RawEvent'[/URL] has no member named 'scanCode'<br />
frameworks/base/services/input/InputReader.cpp:1041:23: error: 'struct [URL=android::RawEvent']android::RawEvent'[/URL] has no member named 'keyCode'<br />
frameworks/base/services/input/InputReader.cpp:1044:21: error: 'mapper' was not declared in this scope<br />
frameworks/base/services/input/InputReader.cpp:1055:22: error: 'mapper' was not declared in this scope<br />
frameworks/base/services/input/InputReader.cpp: In member function 'void [URL=android::TouchInputMapper::dispatchPointerSimple(nsecs_t]android::TouchInputMapper::dispatchPointerSimple(nsecs_t[/URL], uint32_t, bool, bool)':<br />
frameworks/base/services/input/InputReader.cpp:5356:33: error: 'class [URL=android::PointerControllerInterface']android::PointerControllerInterface'[/URL] has no member named 'unfadePointer'<br />
make: *** [/media/Hitachi_/CM10OUTPUT/CM10/target/product/aml8726m/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libinput_intermediates/InputReader.o] Error 1<br />

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay ... According to my permissions in the a.c.p. settings, in order to allow all to read, I'll have to change the forum permissions to moderated posts and topic approval - with a warning agreement before posting and remove the password access.

imo - We really need to prevent n00bs like dragon7532 from trying to participate. Not certain if they are worthy of even reading at this point... Example http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/42881-really-need-help/

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
I see exactly what you mean. What really sucks about his case is it wasn't even our firmwares that messed his pdn up it was Pandigitals! Or so he claims anyhow. I'm tempted just to have him send me his PDN so I can look at it. He seems to not know what he's talking about. Red light doesn't even come on nothign happens but I can adb but it won't let me adb though I was able to push the image... what???? Just from reading that, he has the firmware on the internal and needs to remove the internal sd. I dislike it when people don't even read.

Keep to your idea. If they want to be involved they can post in a seperate thread asking to be testers or whatnot and can be fully notified that they could ruin their PDN.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Oh and another weird error...

Code:
ystem/vold/cryptfs.c:41:20: fatal error: fs_mgr.h: No such file or directory<br />
compilation terminated.<br />
make: *** [/media/Hitachi_/CM10OUTPUT/CM10/target/product/aml8726m/obj/EXECUTABLES/vold_intermediates/cryptfs.o] Error 1<br />

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Dude there are multiple branches in there including ICS gingerbread and jellybean

Switch branches if you try to compile jb with ICS source you're going to have a bad time

cd /android/frameworks/base
git branch (will show a list of branches
git checkout cm10_wpdn (I seem to have been a bit inconsistant with my branch names sorry)
git status (should list you on jellybean branch)

when cloning a repo you can specify -b branch like git clone https://github.com/pandigital/android_device_pandigital.git -b cm10_wpdn

I think the local manifest https://github.com/pandigital/manifest/blob/wpdn/local_manifest.xml only has ics branches in it so you can try making your own or just do it manually

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see exactly what you mean. What really sucks about his case is it wasn't even our firmwares that messed his pdn up it was Pandigitals! Or so he claims anyhow. I'm tempted just to have him send me his PDN so I can look at it. He seems to not know what he's talking about. Red light doesn't even come on nothign happens but I can adb but it won't let me adb though I was able to push the image... what???? Just from reading that, he has the firmware on the internal and needs to remove the internal sd. I dislike it when people don't even read.

Keep to your idea. If they want to be involved they can post in a seperate thread asking to be testers or whatnot and can be fully notified that they could ruin their PDN.
Exactly. Fricken PD's S20 is screwing up 2012 FW devices and there are other hacks out there from who knows?

This guy posted a file here: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/37450-help-white-pdn-2012-firmware/page__pid__490793__st__20#entry490793

and has not bothered to reply. Getting sick of seeing those kind of posts, you guys know where that's from?

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
I'll try to clean this up a bit just made an attempt to build 4.2 for wpdn and there are no armv6 resources needs a lot of help lol oh well I got iconia and dhd migrated to 4.2 so I can do whatever I want to my 4.1 repo for wpdn without messing it up for my other devices now

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wanted to say
after seeing this forum today. I logged in after several months back to this site. It has been more than two years since I moved back to home country and stopped tinkering my PDN. I gave it to my mom with some videos and songs for her to enjoy. Still being used.

Feels good to see Chambep, Randomblame, Terminador and MRS.BURNOUT still dedicated to this great device. Thank You

1 - 13 of 13 Posts