Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, this forum gets really slow. It's starting to get annoying. =PI have a fairly powerful dedicated colocated box with 100mbit of unmetered bandwidth. Would you rather host the forums on that? I have another site with well over a thousand users registered on it and it works great.Also, a proposal for the slatedroid.com guy. Why not put these forums there? No need for a silly community page that mirrors a tech news site. This is only one device. Only one forums would work.This is Greg from the group, I host quasared.net and the mirror that one of the firmware updates is on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
[quote author=gergc link=topic=108.msg865#msg865 date=1274146928]Hi guys, this forum gets really slow. It's starting to get annoying. =PI have a fairly powerful dedicated colocated box with 100mbit of unmetered bandwidth. Would you rather host the forums on that? I have another site with well over a thousand users registered on it and it works great.Also, a proposal for the slatedroid.com guy. Why not put these forums there? No need for a silly community page that mirrors a tech news site. This is only one device. Only one forums would work.This is Greg from the group, I host quasared.net and the mirror that one of the firmware updates is on.[/quote]I was working on migrating the forum there. However, I'm still waiting on the okay from Mike. It's entirely up to him.

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
[quote author=D-Tronic link=topic=108.msg868#msg868 date=1274148781][quote author=gergc link=topic=108.msg865#msg865 date=1274146928]Hi guys, this forum gets really slow. It's starting to get annoying. =PI have a fairly powerful dedicated colocated box with 100mbit of unmetered bandwidth. Would you rather host the forums on that? I have another site with well over a thousand users registered on it and it works great.Also, a proposal for the slatedroid.com guy. Why not put these forums there? No need for a silly community page that mirrors a tech news site. This is only one device. Only one forums would work.This is Greg from the group, I host quasared.net and the mirror that one of the firmware updates is on.[/quote]I was working on migrating the forum there. However, I'm still waiting on the okay from Mike. It's entirely up to him.[/quote]Basically we're going to have to move across the existing file structure because I have made several hard-mods that I can't be arsed to do again. Once that is done we can import the database. But I've got an exam today so it'll have to be this evening.

·
Registered
65 Posts
[quote author=Mike link=topic=108.msg887#msg887 date=1274170241][quote author=D-Tronic link=topic=108.msg868#msg868 date=1274148781][quote author=gergc link=topic=108.msg865#msg865 date=1274146928]Hi guys, this forum gets really slow. It's starting to get annoying. =PI have a fairly powerful dedicated colocated box with 100mbit of unmetered bandwidth. Would you rather host the forums on that? I have another site with well over a thousand users registered on it and it works great.Also, a proposal for the slatedroid.com guy. Why not put these forums there? No need for a silly community page that mirrors a tech news site. This is only one device. Only one forums would work.This is Greg from the group, I host quasared.net and the mirror that one of the firmware updates is on.[/quote]I was working on migrating the forum there. However, I'm still waiting on the okay from Mike. It's entirely up to him.[/quote]Basically we're going to have to move across the existing file structure because I have made several hard-mods that I can't be arsed to do again. Once that is done we can import the database. But I've got an exam today so it'll have to be this evening.[/quote]Okay, that sounds fine. If you'd like, if you don't have the time, you can just send me the FTP access info for this forum and I'll do the transfer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts