Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Found some information here:Camera | Android Open SourceWhat I do not understand is how the Video 4 Linux API (V4L2) ties in here. Is it either a proprietary camera driver (libcamera.so) - or both?I guess one needs to compile a kernel module that talks to the camera via V4L2. And in addition develop a libcamera.so? Hmm..It seems the libcamera driver is reponsible for controlling the hardware aspects of the camera (autofocus, shutter, preview mode etc). This can be pretty much reduced to turning the webcam on and off when needed.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Why the double post?

·
Registered
919 Posts
It would be a generic kit for webcam maker to incorporate their webcam into the custom android build, a lot of android 7" pad comes with webcam and they work. I wonder if Zenithink developer included the library. Someone can do a "find / libcamera.*" an see if it exists.

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
tsukaza;51579 said:
a lot of android 7" pad comes with webcam and they work
I don't think that is completely true. Most cameras on the tablets work for taking photos or recording videos, but they don't work for making video calls. At least I have never heard of anyone making video calls with an Android 7" tablet, and I haven't succeeded in getting my own running. CPU seems to be too weak.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.