Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a 7" apad with rockchip. i tested it now so often. even im closed to a wlan router the antenna shows only 2 stripes for connection. do anybody knows this problem, and know how to solve it. is their any app to increase the wlan antenne support.thxalexander

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello, I had the same problems with the low signal level. I have found a solution about this problem. 1. You have to open your Apad 2. You see the point where the antenna is soldered on the mainboard3. At this point you have to solder an additional cable.(i took a ca. 4cm long solderline) Above this point its enough place to accommodate the cable Now my signal level is much better :)greetsarchie

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are several reports and links in this Forum for my 7" apad (youtube) how to open it .I don't know if the 8" one has to open in another way.If you do it very carefully the touchscreen will not be damaged.

·
Registered
4 Posts
archie;54954 said:
Wlan fixThe image shows you where the cable have to placed!
I have a 9v Metal backed aPad with red LED. I based myself on your idea but ran the wire to the empty speaker mesh and made sure it wouldn't move from there. I works great! Before I had 0 to 1 bar on the wifi icon in my living room now I have 1 to 2 across the entire house!thx for the inspiration

·
Registered
47 Posts
My wifi perfomance is fine, not as good as my netbook's but just as good as what I get on my mobile phone. I wouldn't wanna risk opening the pad to improve that. I noticed a slightly better wifi perfomance in portrait mode.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone have any images on where to solder the extra cable for wifi on the metal back Apad because I think its slightly different from the plastic back version.I tried to solder a bit of copper wire to where I think its should go but wifi still v.poor.Do you need to update the Apad after doing this with any firmware to make the wifi work better I'm running out of ideas. Please help..............

·
Registered
4 Posts
tornado777;71103 said:
Does anyone have any images on where to solder the extra cable for wifi on the metal back Apad because I think its slightly different from the plastic back version.I tried to solder a bit of copper wire to where I think its should go but wifi still v.poor.Do you need to update the Apad after doing this with any firmware to make the wifi work better I'm running out of ideas. Please help..............
Hi,look at my post "wlan fix" there is an image,no update needed.greets

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey everybady! My wifi wont work! When i got the apad it broke down when setting brightness after some painful days of figuring this thing out i have flashed all available firmwares. One worked, and the wifi was fine, however when i was trying to connect additional speaker plus and minus of the speaker wires touched and i thing a whole apad went off. When i turned it on the wifi did not work. Because it happened before i thought its software so i successfully flashed like 5 firmwares up to 5.1-2, but the wifi wont turn on. So i decided to solder additional antenna, but wifi wont turn on:S. What could be the problem? Im suspecting schematics got a short somewhere? But would the speaker wires shorten the thing to that extent?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.