Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and devs.. ;DAnybody noticed that wireless card in M001 drains a lot of battery and generates huge heat, even if the device was suspended... there should be a suspend wireless script, and I think should be easy enought for a pro to develop one..Maybe 1 minute after screen shutdown, shuold work well.Another smart thing for android, should be the ability to disable the screen lock.. This is not a phone, and it even won't fit in a pocket, so nasty random button pushing should be impossible.. it's very annoying to puch the unlock menu button anytime user lits up the screen..What, do you think about ??Thanks for any answer ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is a power widget that you can use to switch off wireless and reduce brightness. It has a 3rd button but I'm not sure what its for. Turning wireless OFF certainly saves power.You can turn the screen saver timeout off under sound & display in Settings.I am using the Eken M001 Build Number 1.7.2 downloaded from this site.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=shorty link=topic=605.msg5832#msg5832 date=1275896420]There is a power widget that you can use to switch off wireless and reduce brightness. It has a 3rd button but I'm not sure what its for. Turning wireless OFF certainly saves power.You can turn the screen saver timeout off under sound & display in Settings.I am using the Eken M001 Build Number 1.7.2 downloaded from this site.[/quote]Automation is the power.. if you put down your pad it enters sleep after some time.. but not the wireless.. on android telephons there is a script that disables the wireless card when in sleep for more than X time, and there is no traffic on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts