Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
download and install bar control http://www.4shared.com/file/6QzHkKk-/Bar_Control__110_.htmlopen the app and choose your home launcher from the listselect your icon of choicefinally, hold power slider until it prompts you to turn off, and press cancelyou can now launch your home screen from any app that lets you use notification barnote: you must re-enable notification bar each time you restart your novel

·
Registered
112 Posts
note: you must re-enable notification bar each time you restart your novel[/QUOTE]How do you re-enable the notification bar?

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is great. I also found that in some applications, Dolphin Browser HD for one, a long press on the back volume button returns you to the home screen. Oh, this is using Launcher Pro. I don't know if it works in PandaHome.

·
Registered
592 Posts
nice work!I wish opera mini had an exit button in their popup menu. pressing back zillions of times to get back to the home screen sucks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
derelicte;20317 said:
nice work!I wish opera mini had an exit button in their popup menu. pressing back zillions of times to get back to the home screen sucks!
Possible shortcut for this...close all open tabs/windows in Opera so you just have one default tab with no history and you should only have to hit back once. I know in the default browser this works.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for this home button alternative!Since some in this thread are talking web browsers, I suggest Skyfire as another alternative. One nice thing about it is that you can long press the hacked volume back button on the PDN and an exit dialog displays. You can cancel the exit, select to clear session history upon exit, or just plain exit the browser and get back to the home screen (or the app that invoked Skyfire). Pretty convenient.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts