Android Tablets Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many people on this forum, myself included, have been burned by sellers on Aliexpress. I believe Eternal (Miss Wang as commonly referred to here) is recycling defective units and sending them out again and again to new buyers. They know you cannot get your money back so they have nothing to lose. I got scammed by Shenzhen Hexing Tech who advertised a Rockpad and send me an Eken M003 (at least the Eken worked and I was able to sell it). The Aliexpress escrow is a fraud and will undoubtedly find in favor of the seller. If you are required to return an item it is always at your expense (PayPal's policy also). The seller simply claims you did not return it as they shipped it, and you get nothing back, and the seller eventually gets paid. PayPal doesn't honor escalated claims for "not as described" for non-eBay transactions; so if you do escalate they instantly rule against you and decide in favor of the seller. Then they send you an email, not telling you this when you file the dispute, that not as described disputes are not covered by the PayPal Buyer Protection plan, that is a right reserved for purchases on eBay only. So if you buy from Aliexpress and are screwed, which is likely, your only real recourse will be to file a chargeback with your credit card company. PayPal policy is to close accounts where someone files a bank chargeback, as you agree to not file chargebacks under their terms and conditions, and also when you file a PayPal complaint, which they will decide against you anyway. Those of you who did get what you paid for and the unit worked, consider yourself very lucky indeed.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gongz;25497 said:
Thank you for reply.don't forget negative feedback to that seller and post something to warn other.I see that seller many good feedback(maybe real or not)
You cannot post negative feedback on Aliexpress. That is part of the problem. You can only post feedback when you are happy and report delivery. There is no mechanism to post feedback before you confirm receipt of the item. If you file a dispute you cannot post feedback. Aliexpress is geared towards helping Chinese companies cheat people from other Countries out of their money. I got burned and so did so many others here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
yes, i have been warning people about aliexpress... just a minute ago people spammed my thread saying Amazing Crystal was a scammer when she had a 100% feedback.Incidentally, may people on this thread saying that ali-scamexpress has sellers with good feedback, and another guy benedict (affiliated withe Eternal HK) claimed crystal was a scammer when she has a 100% feedback! I agree, stay away from chinese sellers when you can.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With the Pandigital Novel (PDN) hacked to the point of being a very useful Android tablet, and the new Gentouch78 from Augen (the kinks will get worked out), plus many more that will be coming soon, there is really no reason for people to take a chance and get screwed by these Aliexpress cheats any more.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just going to throw my two cents in here. I've been reading the posts this week and the ones that seem to be totally bogus all seem to come from HK Eternal trading (Miss Wang) ali-express, not only is it spam, they also target legitimate buyers here such as myself who have written reports to say we are happy with a genuine seller after taking successful delivery of a product, and posting pictures. Then the scammers try targetting my thread with their miss wang the scammer posts, one guy even had eternal in his signature.Good job Jack you got em bang to rights on this I'm behind you all the way.

·
Registered
880 Posts
... I have more positive eBay feedback then that eBay seller.and i never sold anything!I agree that everybody has to start somewhere but also asking the winner to pay to a different paypal account in an auction description is VERY shady.I bought a aPad on aliexpress and got what i payed for and do you know why?I read about the seller from many different people BEFORE i bought.Golden rule: early adaptors are screwed.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Loonix;25510 said:
... I have more positive eBay feedback then that eBay seller.and i never sold anything!I agree that everybody has to start somewhere but also asking the winner to pay to a different paypal account in an auction description is VERY shady.I bought a aPad on aliexpress and got what i payed for and do you know why?I read about the seller from many different people BEFORE i bought.Golden rule: early adaptors are screwed.
What are you saying? What did you read about aliexpress that kept you from getting screwed?

·
Registered
880 Posts
bugeyed;25563 said:
What are you saying? What did you read about aliexpress that kept you from getting screwed?
Aliexpres is not one single trader.It is like Amazon a platform for many many shops.If you look which trader gets mostly positive feedback (also outside of the feedback system of aliexpres) you have a much better chance to get what you want to buy.Also before you buy get as much info about the item you want to buy, that helps to sort out those traders that dont know themselves what they are selling (there are a lot, also on eBay).You have all the intertubez at your hands to make just one purchase,it is a good idea to invest some time before you decide ^^

G

·
[quote name='Loonix;25572]Aliexpres is not one single trader.It is like Amazon a platform for many many shops.If you look which trader gets mostly positive feedback (also outside of the feedback system of aliexpres) you have a much better chance to get what you want to buy.Also before you buy get as much info about the item you want to buy' date=' that helps to sort out those traders that dont know themselves what they are selling (there are a lot, also on eBay).You have all the intertubez at your hands to make just one purchase,it is a good idea to invest some time before you decide ^^[/QUOTE']I couldnt agree more!! All you have is yourself to blame if you dont do your homework BEFORE plunking down your hard earned cash. Many companies on ebay and Ali have been doing business for years,and have great feedback, but some dont. Its up to the buyer to ask questions,usually on forums like these(and notice I said FORUMS, not forum,as there are many to work with)and then make a more informed decision based on feedback.There are no guarantees in this world,wish there were,but all we can do is research and make an educated guess,and just hope you guessed right.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am waiting for my second APAD from Ms Wang via UPS, we will see if I am screwed or not net week! My first order had some delay on shipping but received the pad working/brand new with free upgrade to an aluminum/metal case and free pouch and screen protector. This second order, I will get 2 free silicone cases and I also got a little discount. Customer Service Rep that you can really get to chat with about problems that is a big thing for me.Hopefully I am not screwed!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have my 16gb from Ms Wang and it works just fine for what it happens to be
a cheap knockoff wanta be. Face it production/design on these things are extremely suboptimal you are not buying an Apple with billions of dollars of research behind it. Your getting some company that's using off the shelf usb wifi cards soldered in to give it wifi
and other shortcuts like this. Sometimes they work sometimes they don't I really don't fault the sellers on ali but more the producer of the product. The seller can't pull every one of those things out of the box and test them for you and they shouldn't have to they are just reselling a product it isn't like you are buying from the mfg they are just resellers.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think in regards to buying things online in general we should all accept the fact that not all of us are equal (as tech enthusiasts and online shoppers) and should buy based our level of knowledge and the amount of time we're willing to spend on it. 1) If you've been shopping online for years, been a member on auction sites for a long time, love to try out new tech no matter how buggy it is, take the time to do research on the different stores, research for hours on end on websites/forums, know the risks of buying stuff from dubious websites, then by all means try out AliExpress, eBay or the myriad of online shops out there. Clearly you are experienced and know what you are doing. 2) If you can't be bothered to even read forum posts past the first page, keep making question threads without checking if someone else has asked the question previously, want a flawless shopping experience without any hassle, be completely safe when purchasing a product, then pay more and buy from a highly reputable site. Cause chances are, you don't really know what you're doing. I believe SlateDroid only has one that they recommend and that is Merimobiles. I've seen their rep appear every so often which means they have a presence here and though I haven't bought from them personally, I would point people (that fit this description) in that direction if asked. - If you don't have enough money, want to take a risk, look at 1.- Don't have enough money, don't wanna take the chance, do not buy at all.3) Alternatively, people who reside in the US can purchase tablets already in the market. Kohl's has the Pandigital Novel and Kmart, the Augen. If you got friends and family there and live somewhere else in the world, you can get them to ship it over.4) Lastly, there is always the option of waiting. The last quater of the year promises to an exciting one with LG, Samsung, Toshiba, Asus and many more corporations releasing their Android tablets in time for Christmas. In summary, what I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of options out there. All you need to do is be humble and realistic enough to know your place and buy according to your ability. If you're a noob, don't try to follow in a big boy's footsteps cause you might end up being frustrated at the effort needed which you're not willing to invest in. This forum is an awesome place to do research if you are thinking about buying a tablet. But you should take every review, complaint and outburst as experience from an individual rather than a direct recommendation. I don't think anyone should be too fast to recommend or condemn sellers but instead, relate your experience with buying from a particular place. Here are two examples:I decided to purchase two aPads from Eternal and they both arrived in working and satisfactory condition. I can tell you how well they worked for me and that's the limit of my review. I can't recommend this seller to you on the simple grounds of the fact that if you did the same and got a bad experience or was cheated, I wouldn't be able to refund your money. The responsibility to recommend is too much. On the other hand, you have people like fabulousdroid and houseofdroid making full recommendations on what might be a dubious seller on eBay. Should you get cheated by AmazingCrystal, are either of them willing to take the responsibility of recommending the seller to you and make a refund for your loss? I don't think so. It's not hard to just click either or their profiles and do a bit of simple detective work to see that they're new to the forum, have not put more details about themselves and talk mostly about how good their seller is. All these observations should raise red flags in anyones mind.To those who got burned, I sympathise. I've bought gadgets from China before and I know how frustrating it can be when you get cheated or the tablet you got isn't what you expected. Let's be honest though, we all knew there were risks involved when making a purchase. /end pontificate

·
Registered
101 Posts
[quote name='fabulousdroid;25502]yes' date=' i have been warning people about aliexpress... just a minute ago people spammed my thread saying Amazing Crystal was a scammer when she had a 100% feedback.Incidentally, may people on this thread saying that ali-scamexpress has sellers with good feedback, and another guy benedict (affiliated withe Eternal HK) claimed crystal was a scammer when she has a 100% feedback! I agree, stay away from chinese sellers when you can.[/QUOTE'] Hahaha, you really have some nerve! Please please claim that I am an affiliate of MM and bash the crap out of me right before you spam AC again... go on make me laugh!Ps: benedict_x, kudos for not responding as childish as I just did after being almost publicly insulted by these new ***droid members.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Had my Apad for a month now and still going strong. A coworker wants one and going to use emily wang again. Like many have said before, this is obviously a cheap knockoff that an untech savy individual should not play with. I did my research and knew exactly what I was getting. Talked to Ms. Wang and got the info I needed to make the educated decision. Got exactly what I paid for. Was a different color than I was hoping but on the sales page itself "can not guarantee correct colors".

·
Registered
62 Posts
[quote name='McMadd;25950]Hahaha' date=' you really have some nerve! Please please claim that I am an affiliate of MM and bash the crap out of me right before you spam AC again... go on make me laugh!Ps: benedict_x, kudos for not responding as childish as I just did after being almost publicly insulted by these new ***droid members.[/QUOTE'] Thanks McMadd. Unfortunately this is the internet so you meet all kinds of trolls who have massive egos. I've learnt to just stick warning signs for the noobs and move on to people who need our attention and help.

·
Registered
79 Posts
[quote name='fabulousdroid;25502]yes' date=' i have been warning people about aliexpress... just a minute ago people spammed my thread saying Amazing Crystal was a scammer when she had a 100% feedback.Incidentally, may people on this thread saying that ali-scamexpress has sellers with good feedback, and another guy benedict (affiliated withe Eternal HK) claimed crystal was a scammer when she has a 100% feedback! I agree, stay away from chinese sellers when you can.[/QUOTE']Seriously, give it a rest. You got yours from Amazing Crystal, great. He got his from Eternal, great. You both had good experiences from your seller, great.Just because you state this doesn't mean either of you are affiliated with that seller. What is making you look suspicious is you seem to post how great you seller is in just about every single thread and the worst thing is you are posting it in threads that have nothing to do with questions about where to buy from but are questions about another seller. If you have not purchased from Eternal then don't post there as the OP didn't ask for any opinion on where to buy (there are several other threads for this) but on specific experiences with Eternal (in this particular example). You may just be trying to help others but your over zealous posting gives a different impression.If you actually looked around you will find many posters here have information in their signatures specifically outlining who they purchased from, when, how long it took to arrive and the condition it arrived in. This information is so others can see without asking what their experience is (both good and bad). It has nothing to do with any affiliation with that seller.As for AliExpress. They are a wholesale website where people go to buy stuff online in bulk, generally for resale elsewhere. You'll find just about anyone trading on eBay with stock in numbers got there stock from AliExpress. It just so happens though that in the last couple of years the wholesalers started realizing they could sell direct to the consumer (you and I) by allowing minimum quantities of 1 to be purchased.I am not affiliated with anyone but did buy my aPad from Eternal and got exactly what I asked and paid for, lucky me. I fully understand there are many individual who have had both good experiences (like myself) and bad.Regarding staying away from Chinese sellers, good luck. I have dealt with many Australian sellers who are in fact Chinese and selling out of shipping containers or self storage units. I have generally had good experiences with them but. as with everything, there's people out there to exploit others and I have also been burnt. The more you deal online the more you will be able to get a 'feel' for who is going to be better to deal with. I've been buying and occasionally selling on eBay for 10 years and gradually seen the percentage of scammers grow and grow there. However I think that is purely because the numbers of scammers online has simply grown and nothing to do with eBay themselves.Anyway, chill out is what I'm saying I guess. Who gives a toss what some dude on a forum somewhere else in the world thinks of you!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.