1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

I just inform you especially not to buy this site

here's my experience:

The GPAD GFORCE tablet came with me is totally defective, which goes off screen, no backlight, waves that appear at the bottom of it.

customer service gives me an answer that did not take enough care to test the product, no honest solution proposed for this litigation, except that a shipment to China was very expensive. do not waste your money like me on this site, it is not serious. I will inform as many people on the internet (forums, youtube ...) so that nobody makes the same mistake I did. I lost my money, now I'll make pandawill wins in as little as possible. this message will probably disappear from the forum, but I will make copies everywhere.

if you do not want to lose your money for a tablet broken, do not buy !!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
is this not the case with al stuf from china?

dx got better suport but still like any online thing you buy you have to pay for shipping back anyway

onl this time you got it from china and it wil cost a lot more in shipping!

still i read that a lot of stuff from china is broken not onlye pandawill but somethings DX to etc etc etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just received a Gpad G10 from them last night and it was in great condition. I mean, they're cheaply made but the price reflects that! Currently $124US...it did take 3 months to get to me though which is not cool...but then I didn't pay for shipping either!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I just received a Gpad G10 from them last night and it was in great condition. I mean, they're cheaply made but the price reflects that! Currently $124US...it did take 3 months to get to me though which is not cool...but then I didn't pay for shipping either!
Holy cow, 3 months to deliver!, I would have gone nuts in anticipation. : )

·
Banned
28 Posts
Oooh, you guys can't generalize about a site. Just as Cheapass(don't u think the name is so funny
sorry, no offense) said, nobody can control the product in shipping, items should be packed well enough, of course. I believe what happened was an accident cuz from my shopping experience, dx, pandawill and fp are very good

·
Registered
333 Posts
is this not the case with al stuf from china?

dx got better suport but still like any online thing you buy you have to pay for shipping back anyway

onl this time you got it from china and it wil cost a lot more in shipping!

still i read that a lot of stuff from china is broken not onlye pandawill but somethings DX to etc etc etc
ABSOLUTELY WRONG!!

Just because you buy something online doesn't mean you have to pay to ship it back at your expense when it comes to you defective. Look at most companies in the US that sell online (newegg.com). They either send you an RMA form with a prepaid shipping label OR they credit you for shipping. Even large companies based overseas do things like that in order to keep customers (Sony, Samsung, Gigabyte etc.). The reason these chinese companies do it is because WE as the consumers let them. I guarantee that they would start checking every tablet they shipped if they knew it was going to cost them money if they didn't.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Oh and another thing, I do some selling on Ebay from time to time and I pride myself on positive feedback and taking care of the person who bought from me. Prime example, I parted out a computer, sold and shipped a DDR2 memory stick. After the buyer received it he emailed me saying it wasn't working (and that was my bad since I forgot to test that one module out of 4 I was selling). I had him ship it back to me via airmail, refunded him the shipping cost plus 5 dollars for his trouble AND sent him a brand new module at a loss for me. I would rather take a loss on one sale and make someone happy and give me positive feedback than to screw someone over for a few dollars. Maybe some companies should take lessons.

Reactions: superusermode

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been spending some time reading these "beware" posts and it seems to me that anyone who reads even a FEW of these horror stories would get wise to the fact that it pays to buy from a U.S. based vendor!!!!! And "if it seems too good to be true, it probably IS!". I don't mean to shout but I do want to emphasize that these dishonest clowns are making all kinds of money off us and STILL shipping defective, subpar, and useless products. And we LET them, because we fall for their BS advertising that we can get something really good for next to nothing. When will we quit falling for this BS?

If you give your money to someone who is on the other side of the world and he either doesn't send you anything or sends you a useless product, and take a month or two to do it too, what can you do? Yeah, you can open a claim with EBay or Paypal, but why not avoid all that grief in the first place? Buy from a North American based vendor who speaks English and is offering their product at a reasonable price - in other words, don't expect a silk purse when all you paid for is a sow's ear! You won't get anything worth your time, effort and money if you don't pay for it, that's the unpleasant truth. When you deal with these overseas companies, I would guess in well over half the cases you're basically playing the lottery - throwing your money away on the chance that you ***might*** get something resembling what you ordered that actually works.

Buy from American vendors! By the way, I'm not a vendor and don't sell anything, I've been burned a couple of times on EBay and learned my lesson. Do what the folks who posted above say and check your vendors, do your research, read the vendor reviews before you give your money to ANYONE. If there are no reviews, chances are that either they're a brand new company (and who wants to deal with that?) or that the only reviews they've gotten are bad ones that they won't post.

Let the buyer beware!!!!!!!

·
Banned
46 Posts
Nowadays, forum is good to us, we CAN share good website or bag website,
that's great. TRUST IS A SELLER'S NO1! LET'S AVOID AND KIT LIE STORE.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My advice would be to steer clear of Chinagrabber, and their ApadTV forum. I bought a pad from Chinagrabber after viewing the forum and seeing the posts on the forum regarding making sure you buy a GENUINE IBEX FLYTOUCH from Chinagrabber (or one of their other trading names), decided to buy one. I read on their website that products are 'stringently tested' before they go out.

BIG MISTAKE!!! I received the tablet and first thing that I noticed was that the wifi was very poor, but decided to get a USB dongle and put up with that. Then the touch screen proved to be next to useless (which kind of defeats the purpose of having a touch screen) but even then I said I would just use it with a keyboard case so at least I could get some use out of it, but THEN the internal memory packed in which meant that any apps or settings I added to the unit were gone the next time I powered it on.

I did take the pad apart and replace the internal memory card with an 8gb TDK one, and the one that I took out of it (supposedly a 32gb) shows as having about 140mb of space on it, but I cannot format the card, or even delete the files that are showing on it.

Their forum appears to be just a patethic attempt to stop people posting the truth about the units, as if anyone posts anything bad about them , the forum admin 'moderates' their posts, then stops them posting at all and people get banned and their posts removed, so that when someone new comes along they don't see all the problems that people really experience with their pads.

The admin on the forum told me that lying is against the forum rules, and then he put a line of text under my username on all my posts saying 'Only posts negative everytime', when I pointed out some of my posts that weren't negative (thereby making what he posted a lie), he then changed it to 'The Grinch' (so I guess he must think he is funny?) I then pointed out that as the Grinch is a fictional character (and I am not, as far as I am aware) that that would also have to be considered a lie. He then decided not to allow me to PM him any more, which is a bit immature for someone supposedly meant to be able to moderate a forum.

The forum only appears to exist to stop people posting on other forums when they discover problems with their pads, and going by the amount of people with problems there must be an awful lot of problem pads getting by their 'stringent testing'.

One problem (the wifi) I could live with, the second problem (the poor touch screen) was a bit harder to put up with, but the third problem (the internal memory) was the final straw. The pad is a piece of crap and their forum is only there to cover up the real issues. Patethic, steer clear at all costs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My advice would be to steer clear of Chinagrabber, and their ApadTV forum. I bought a pad from Chinagrabber after viewing the forum and seeing the posts on the forum regarding making sure you buy a GENUINE IBEX FLYTOUCH from Chinagrabber (or one of their other trading names), decided to buy one. I read on their website that products are 'stringently tested' before they go out.

BIG MISTAKE!!! I received the tablet and first thing that I noticed was that the wifi was very poor, but decided to get a USB dongle and put up with that. Then the touch screen proved to be next to useless (which kind of defeats the purpose of having a touch screen) but even then I said I would just use it with a keyboard case so at least I could get some use out of it, but THEN the internal memory packed in which meant that any apps or settings I added to the unit were gone the next time I powered it on.

I did take the pad apart and replace the internal memory card with an 8gb TDK one, and the one that I took out of it (supposedly a 32gb) shows as having about 140mb of space on it, but I cannot format the card, or even delete the files that are showing on it.

Their forum appears to be just a patethic attempt to stop people posting the truth about the units, as if anyone posts anything bad about them , the forum admin 'moderates' their posts, then stops them posting at all and people get banned and their posts removed, so that when someone new comes along they don't see all the problems that people really experience with their pads.

The admin on the forum told me that lying is against the forum rules, and then he put a line of text under my username on all my posts saying 'Only posts negative everytime', when I pointed out some of my posts that weren't negative (thereby making what he posted a lie), he then changed it to 'The Grinch' (so I guess he must think he is funny?) I then pointed out that as the Grinch is a fictional character (and I am not, as far as I am aware) that that would also have to be considered a lie. He then decided not to allow me to PM him any more, which is a bit immature for someone supposedly meant to be able to moderate a forum.

The forum only appears to exist to stop people posting on other forums when they discover problems with their pads, and going by the amount of people with problems there must be an awful lot of problem pads getting by their 'stringent testing'.

One problem (the wifi) I could live with, the second problem (the poor touch screen) was a bit harder to put up with, but the third problem (the internal memory) was the final straw. The pad is a piece of crap and their forum is only there to cover up the real issues. Patethic, steer clear at all costs.
Thank you for the warning. I had been to that site a few times, but apparently after reading your warning, will not go back. I've been to quite a few sites where all the comments are glowingly positive; so positive that I think they were all written by the salesmen.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wish I found this site sooner. I placed my order with Panawill on Dec 6th. Ordered the Novo 7 basic. Hope I get it in good condition and it won't take 3 months like someone else posted !!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well one reason people keep getting mugged is that they don't do enough research into the store before buying.
In developed countries we're quite used to taking a storefront at face value, because we have good laws and strong enforcement against fakes and scams, which get taken down quickly.
Not so in less developed markets where fraud and corruption are business as usual.

Anyway, I'm another mug, I've just ordered a FY-F1 from pandawill, before I did any research on the store itself, although I've wasted probably a couple of days researching the tablet specs.
And I should be wiser, because I'm currently staying in Cambodia where fraud and corruption really are rampant.
But I can't get the latest tablets here, certainly not for a reasonable price, and, well, I've just gotta have one, dammit!!

Anyway, I started researching pandawill because they still haven't shipped my order, after nearly 2 days now, and of course I'm now concerned that they may not even have the tablet (does the FY-F1 actually exist, even??), or that what will turn up will be a much lesser model, or broken, or a fake with a 300Mhz cpu etc.

Of course I also have the corrupt Cambodian customs to deal with too if I get that far, and I really don't want to pay taxes and facilitation fees, which I know just end up funding a rich officials conspicuous consumption lifestyle, just to get my hands on a broken fake.

Well, I'll wait and see and post the result here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I did get a chinese tablet as a present. As far as I can tell, its called and Epad. But, nothing really says anything about a model or brand on the box or the book....just "Tablet". But, so far, it functions very well. Even plays youtube videos smoothly. I just need to learn how to put some apps on it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts