Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you purchase items from places like AliExpress and they are counterfeit items and you file a dispute, you will not get your money back from PayPal. The seller will always win the dispute and you will lose whatever money you invested in the product. I repeat:YOU HAVE NO RECOURSE IF YOU GET SCREWED BY OVERSEAS PURCHASES, EVEN WITH PAYPAL!I did a little experiment and filed a claim against my bogus SD cards that I knew were going to be fake before I ever bought them...the total amount was $2.15. When you agree to use PayPal, your consumer protection laws become null and void. I was denied my refund even though the cards were fake, because:
You have chosen to escalate your dispute to a PayPal claim. By endingcommunication with the seller, you are asking PayPal to investigate thecase and decide the outcome. As part of our investigation, PayPal reviewedany communication you may have had in the Resolution Center.Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our UserAgreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. Itdoes not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goodsreceived. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue arefund.
This is why millions of people hate PayPal...they are monopolizing, money grubbing bastards who operate at a level above the law because of loopholes. Even on eBay if you receive a counterfeit product from one of these sellers you will never receive a full refund due to PayPal's bogus terms of agreement. Remember that when you buy your next tablet from overseas.Also for those wondering, you CAN file a chargeback if you paid for your merchandise with a credit card or something with another layer of protection on it. PayPal threatens everyone who initiates chargebacks against its company, but they never follow through with their word. They do and say everything they can to stop you from getting your money back, but it is your right to receive a full refund. Paypal treats people who perform chargebacks on their charges like prison convicts, just because they lose revenue because of their own policies. This is specifically why I seldomly use PayPal...I usually use another credit card processing company for my online banking, which is a much more safer alternative than using PayPal. I've spent years loathing PayPal and everything they stand for, and www.paypalsucks.com shows just why.Remember this when you purchase Chinese Android tablets.

·
Registered
576 Posts
bmurphr1;23404]When you purchase items from places like AliExpress and they are counterfeit items and you file a dispute said:
www.paypalsucks.com[/url] shows just why.Remember this when you purchase Chinese Android tablets.
So who do you use for online payments if not a cc? I always try to use a cc unless I have no alternative...As to buying overseas... always investigate as much as possible beforehand, and then remember you can still be screwed with little or no recourse and/or significant monetary loss.Mostly the reason why I was looking around ebay for sellers and considering the PDN or "Freedom A10" (flatpad) and now the Augen tablet @ Kmart... companies with US presence and legal responsibilities...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will pay for a package through PayPal checkout, but only as a non-customer using a credit card. This way if I pay for something that ends up being fraudulent I can still do a reverse charge and get all of my money back. This gives me much more flexibility with my own personal PayPal account, since I use different information for both practices. I accept payments for eBay auctions under my normal PayPal account and pay for other purchases with a different credit card whose primary address is a P.O. Box and the secondary address being my home address. This allows me to bypass Paypal's bullshit consumer protection laws...if I have to perform a chargeback they might ban that credit card from ever being used on PayPal again, but it won't freeze-up my money-accepting account. I've had to do one chargeback in the past for a package that never showed up, and PayPal blocked that card from being used again on their website, but my normal Paypal account was untouched.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, by the way...that Augen tablet does looks pretty slick especially considering the supposed price. If this device really is released with 2.1 and an "800mhz CPU" (I assume it to be a Cortex A8) then it will be one hell of a buy.

·
Registered
576 Posts
bmurphr1;23649 said:
I forgot about the Telechips...you're absolutely right. Even with the Telechips CPU it'll be one hell of a buy. The Chinese tablet companies will be shivering in their boots.
It IS the Telechips 8902. Someone in the er... Not Listed(?) forum asked someone @ Augen about it. Batt life is kind of weak though 2100mAh, 2-3h video, 5h standby(IIRC).BTW thanks for the warning about paypal. I've never really had a problem with them so far just for paying for items, but now I was thinking of selling my Newton 2100 on ebay since one with less went for $163 over the weekend. (Help pay for the Freedom A10 if that's what I decide to buy, however now with this Augen, I could get that without needing to sell my 2100...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.