Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a COBY MID7015... I have updated the firmware with the latest listed here on SD...

The only thing I want to use it for is SQUARE UP.. The cheesy AppLibs app doesn't seem to be able to find SQUARE UP..

Is there a way to get SQUARE UP on here?? Or do I need to go the full ROOT route, put on MARKET and then SQUARE??

Thanx

Michale

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, update on this..

I was able to install SQUARE UP on the COBY... I just downloaded the APK and then put it on an SD card and accessed it via a File Manager program on the COBY..

Now a problem cropped up...

My main reason for wanting to switch to the COBY (I use a Pandigital WPDN right now) is that the WPDN doesn't play nice with the Square Up Reader Dongle..

I was hoping the COBY would work better.. But the COBY doesn't even recognize the Dongle at all. The WPDN would recognize the Dongle, it just would lock up afterwards... The COBY doesn't even see it..

This indicates to me that the COBY's Headphone Jack doesn't contain a MIC element...

Can anyone here smarter than me (which is probably everyone..
) confirm this??

Michale

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK, update on this..

I was able to install SQUARE UP on the COBY... I just downloaded the APK and then put it on an SD card and accessed it via a File Manager program on the COBY..

Now a problem cropped up...

My main reason for wanting to switch to the COBY (I use a Pandigital WPDN right now) is that the WPDN doesn't play nice with the Square Up Reader Dongle..

I was hoping the COBY would work better.. But the COBY doesn't even recognize the Dongle at all. The WPDN would recognize the Dongle, it just would lock up afterwards... The COBY doesn't even see it..

This indicates to me that the COBY's Headphone Jack doesn't contain a MIC element...

Can anyone here smarter than me (which is probably everyone..
) confirm this??

Michale
Michale, hi. I just ran across your post today. I don't thnk I'm smarter than you because i bought a Cruz T408 tablet for the exact same reason. Where did you find the apk for Square? I've tried to install it from the market but I get an error that says it's not compatible with my device.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Michale, hi. I just ran across your post today. I don't thnk I'm smarter than you because i bought a Cruz T408 tablet for the exact same reason. Where did you find the apk for Square? I've tried to install it from the market but I get an error that says it's not compatible with my device.
I am at my shop right now. Give me about an hour or two and I'll put the APK in this thread..

Michale

1 - 5 of 5 Posts