Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course everybody here knows that thanks to the custom build the m001 becomes way way faster but if that is not enough you might still do a thing:Overclock it.I think everyone knows what an overclock is.. well simply the calculations per second of a cpu = fsb * multiplier , theese software rise the fsb so that the cpu speed rises as well..Yep but BEWARE overclock may reduce the life spawn of your m001 , the battery lenght and of course cause damages to your hardware .. If you want you can get it here Overclock per dispositivi Android (an italian forum).. i guess i can't download them and reupload them somewhere else so you have to register and then download it ;) as soon as i get my hand on my m001 i'll try them.. BE CAREFUL setting an high value might f**k up your device for good!i wont be hold responsable for the use of theese software >.< use them at your own risk! o_O

·
Registered
40 Posts
Chry;30774]Of course everybody here knows that thanks to the custom build the m001 becomes way way faster but if that is not enough you might still do a [URL=thing:Overclock]thing:Overclock[/URL] it.I think everyone knows what an overclock is.. well simply the calculations per second of a cpu = fsb * multiplier said:
Overclock per dispositivi Android[/url] (an italian forum).. i guess i can't download them and reupload them somewhere else so you have to register and then download it ;) as soon as i get my hand on my m001 i'll try them.. BE CAREFUL setting an high value might f**k up your device for good!i wont be hold responsable for the use of theese software >.< use them at your own risk! o_O
hi mate,thanks for the post, good tip but i am an absolute beggner and would wait for you first to see the result and instruction how to do it.waiting for your next post.thanks.kash

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
enotar;30875 said:
Will not work!Already discuss many times.You cannot overclock the M001
lol i saw an article on an italian forum where they did do it o_O

·
Co-Founder
2,008 Posts
If someone provides some convincing before and after benchmarks then I'll believe it, but not until.I'd be surprised if there's any room left to overclock, it's already been OC'ed by 50MHz.

·
Registered
212 Posts
[quote name='kash_eco;30879]hi mate' date='thanks for the post, good tip but i am an absolute beggner and would wait for you first to see the result and instruction how to do it.waiting for your next post.thanks.kash[/QUOTE']No app can overclock the device if the higher CPU frequencies aren't supported in the kernel (and on the processor itself)We don't have the source code for the M001...so there won't be a kernel that supports overclocking. An app may *report* is has set a higher clock speed, but the processor won't actually DO the higher clock speed. This was demonstrated late last year when people *thought* they had overclocked the HTC G1 and HTC Magic processors to 768MHz...and the app SAID they were doing 768MHz....but they weren't actually doing it as benchmarks demonstrated the CPU was really doing the same old top speed of 528MHz. Maybe after the source code for the kernel is out someone might try testing overclocking - frequency by frequency - to find those the processor supports (if any). Usually it isn't worth it. The devices lock up after a a few seconds or minutes.

·
Co-Founder
2,008 Posts
blastexx;31178 said:
Take a look at this:Google Vertaling
All that shows is that they managed to get SetCPU to run on the device. Just because they are able to set the slider doesn't mean the proc freq has actually been changed. Think of the amount of heat it generates at 350MHz, I'm pretty sure you'd need a heatsink to progress any further aha (if the chip actually supported it).

·
Registered
246 Posts
linuxluver;31192 said:
We don't have the source code for the M001...
Actually, we do have most of the kernel source code now. I don't know why people are so fascinated with overclocking, though. It's a device that runs on batteries, people. Batteries!If you actually want awesome performance, the best way to get it is by not buying a $100 device based on the budget model (ARM926EJ-S) of a "classic" processor line. Save your pennies and buy something with an ARM11 or a Cortex in it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I agree my iPad and iPod touch fly. But apple has total control over most of this environment. And I might add three to four times more $.you get what you for. I like this little tablet. Use it a lot for ereader, or pandora pumped into speakers. Still hate the scrolling. Would like a scrolling up and down button. If u want a fast processor, mature software and great polished performance steve jobs is waiting. Fun to be on the edge though. And thanks to the slatedroid rom it runs pretty well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
[quote name='Mike;31223]All that shows is that they managed to get SetCPU to run on the device. Just because they are able to set the slider doesn't mean the proc freq has actually been changed. Think of the amount of heat it generates at 350MHz' date=' I'm pretty sure you'd need a heatsink to progress any further aha (if the chip actually supported it).[/QUOTE'] A think a large amount of that heat is generated by the wifi... I set the TX power to 20 and the back only gets warm.. not hot

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you do overcock to eken , exist two problems , when you overclock a cpu the temp up and your battery life down. I did overclock in my old cpu and i use wattercooling for it, because you need a good temp if you want that your devide dont fail you need a good cooling system else the hight temp will block your systemSorry ,for my low english level

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.