Android Tablets Forum banner

Wallpapers- what size and what are you using?

4K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Damien 
#1 ·
I've had some troubles with the wallpaper function. It seems to want to make everything a square? I think the correct size for wallpaper is 720 x 480 but I'm not sure?

#4 ·
What's the deal with the resizing? If I got a 1600 x 480 image it will still do the re-size square thing. Only thing is that the square it's picking seems to be very much a square and not an oblong like the screen resolution would be. Does anyone know how we can put files into the wallpaper folder ? I was thinking if we look at them, we could get the correct resolution and we wouldnt have the resize problem either.

#5 ·
I amended my post, check above for a pre-installed wallpaper download.The pre-installed wallpapers are packaged into the launcher.apk, but I pulled my current wallpaper with ADB:1. Need Android SDK installed2. Connect device via USB3. Open CLI4. ./adb pull /data/data/com.android.settings/files/wallpaper /home/targetdirectory/(need to exchange /home/targetdirectory/ with a valid target directory path in Windows)5. Rename the pulled wallpaper file to wallpaper.jpg

#9 ·
Well I found some awesome wall papers in 1024 x 600- now how can I put them on? I'd really like to put them on properly, using the normal process is pretty much worthless, with the square resize thing.Gevrik, I sent you a pm, but could you guys please write up a (more simple
) how to - I've got as far as the sdk and using the prompt, but no dice.

#13 ·
It's easy:1. Copy the wallpaper to the SD Card2. Use "ES File Explorer" to browse to where you copied the image on the SD3. Tap on the image and open with "PhotoBrowser"4. Once you see the image in PhotoBrowser, tap somewhere on the screen to bring up the menu5. Tap on the "spanner" icon6. Choose "Set as Wallpaper"

#14 ·
under hellowmerong's new firmware v.03Photo Viewer no longer has "Set As Wallpaper" option when you hold on the screen to get the options (instead there is picture rotate and other things) :(So now I use Wallswitch (found in android market)and it's pretty good. Automatically looks for the folder "wallpaper" on my SD card. Still found the folder even though it's in a subfolder of my "pics" folder.you can also have it change the wallpaper at different intervals.

#18 ·
[quote name='gevrik;7698]But we have already established that the size is 1024x600 on the first page. [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]Well' date=' I won't argue, but as there are factory installed wallpapers to be found in many different sizes (1024x600, 800x480, 640x480) I resorted to trying to figure out what they [I']should [/I]be, going by the only other Android device I own, and going by that, 960x800 is the correct wallpaper size for a 800x480 display.

#19 ·
The "problem" with other Android devices is that they do not have a hacked home screen that displays in landscape mode while Android thinks it is displaying in portrait mode. The numbers are different for phones that normally display the home screen in portrait mode. I tried the 960x800 and it would display without "scrolling" the wallpaper when you change the home screen. The 1024x600 scrolls with the home screen, but only a little bit. It is very weird and I wish they would remove that hacked home screen stuff from their firmware.

#20 ·
I made a little Oranjes World Cup wallpaper for all who want to support the Netherlands on their aPad.
I mean, with fans like these, Holland can not lose!
Let me know if you want more like these for other countries. Post which country and I will consider them (depending on if I like their team).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.