Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one found a workaround, perhaps a wallpaper management app or something that gets around the forced cropping of any image you attempt to set as a wallpaper??Even if I have an image that is 1024 x 600 the gallery insists on cropping it before it will set it as the wallpaper. And when it does crop it it crops it in what looks to be a 4:3 ratio and then stretches it fullscreen.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Android actually crops an image to be used as wallpaper into a square to fit over the 3 or more screens so that when you move from one to the next screen, the background moves slightly with each one. It sounds like what you are looking for is a wallpaper that stays the same even when changing screens. I'm not aware of anything like that.

·
Registered
383 Posts
LauncherPro (which is the Launcher I find smoothest) has an option in Preferences--Appearance Settings--Disable Wallpaper Scrolling that makes the background stay stable for all screens

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.