Android Tablets Forum banner
121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
ConfusedbyLinux;86692]While playing the [U]Youtube [/U]I thought said:
Eken[/B]. Is Eken making the Maylong Pad?Also those with a bigger budget might consider this: Huawei Ideos S7 Tablet: Specs, Price & Review of 7″ Android Tablet | B4tea.com
The Maylong sure does look like an Eken to me or a Apad?I looked at the specs on the Ideos and liked that Best Buy would have it but the 300.00 price vs the Archos 70 at 274.99 minus the bonus of 10% off direct from Archos was too good to pass up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Both look great and I agree about the Archos 70 This is the year of the pad! The Maylong may be a decent padbut for $140.00 more you get a great pad. Current version of Android . Better build quality and the marketplace withouthaving to hack. Even if, I considered the Maylong. No marketplace kills it for me. I did get the Rockchip padadvertised here from MP4 Nation. However for another $140.00 more.... Oh, well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
ConfusedbyLinux;86764 said:
Both look great and I agree about the Archos 70 This is the year of the pad.........................
Well just to update my adventures with the Archos 70.....I made the mistake of updating the OS to the newest on Archos site and now my wifi is useless on the tablet and several apps are gone. I have done everything you can imagine to get wifi to work but it just comes and goes every 15 seconds. I probably will again be back in the tablet market soon :-(UPDATE : I FIXED IT!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The thread has gone dormant for a few days. Guess everyone is like me - waiting on theirs to arrive. In case you're following, the tablet is on sale for $99.99 again. I ordered my pad on Oct. 28, and had yet to hear anything, so called Customer Service this morning - she said the unit would ship today, and that they would refund my shipping cost. According to what someone at XDA posted today, though, they spoke to someone at Maylong and they are waiting on their shipment to come in, and have boxes labeled and ready to ship out once it arrives in the next couple of days. Supposedly these are for folks who ordered 26-28, so I'm hoping but won't be holding my breath. At this rate, I may just buy something on Black Friday and forget Maylong. The last few who have received theirs on other boards I'm following have said they will return them. Hopefully we'll see soon enough. (waiting......)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm still here... was posting in a thread I started a while back when I ordered mine.I am still on the fence about returning it. I still have three weeks. :)It's playing a Youtube video right now, and I've loaded the following successfully (and they are all very usable):EvernoteMeridian Media PlayerSirius/XM (plays flawlessly!)KindleAstro File ManagerCircular Battery monitorOperaRealplayerTrillianZimlyK-9 MailApplanetI am working on testing more apps and finding more useful things for the M-150. I want to give it a fair shake; it's no iPad (or even the Viewsonic G Tablet), but it is useful in its own ways. I find that it feels a lot cheaper than the Viewsonic G, but I wouldn't worry about dropping this device on the floor or the carpet as much. I also find it's a nice small size when I want to have the web at my fingertips when walking around the house or sitting by the pool. It's actually very responsive on the web; the built-in browser is quite fast.Giving it a few days definitely changes one's perspective on this device. At first, I thought it'd be okay, but now after five days, I'm seeing that it can actually be useful. The only drawback is the short battery life, but I am going to test with wifi off perhaps later today or tomorrow to see how long it lasts.I have found that it's a lot easier to navigate using a fingernail rather than a fingertip (which is contrary to my experience with capacitive screens, obviously). This has greatly improved my experience with the M-150.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Almost all the posts that I've seen over the past week say they're probably taking them back, and so I was beginning to get discouraged. Got my email that it "shipped", but it still doesn't show up on my Walgreens "my account orders" and hasn't been charged to my credit card yet. My hopes for this device were to be able to surf the web, gmail, google docs on the web, to possibly watch some videos from SD card, Use ebook reader and pdfs, and maybe some light games for my kids. I knew it was no iPad, but wanted to get my feet wet with a cheap device that I could return 1 mile from my house if I didn't like it. If I keep it, I'll probably give it to my wife and buy a 10" for myself in the spring when Android 3.0 is out and 2.2 tabs become cheap. Again, thanks for the positive words that give those of us waiting some hope that it'll actually be useful to us.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Are there any other forums that are covering the Maylong M-150 more in depth as far as rooting etc? Since it is back on sale again I am thinking about getting it to root if possible and get into the OS and experiment with more that what I would try to do with my Archos 7o.So anyone have any urls for current rooting or other technical discussion about the Maylong M-150?Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
[quote name='tipstir;83592]I had ordered it last Friday (about week ago). I did call up to cancel it on Saturday because I had ordered the Coby Kyros Internet Tablet MID7005-4G from HSN for $199.99 plus shipping but only paid $49 + $13.95 $63 no tax no interest to get it to me which was this past Tuesday. HSN gives me up to Jan 31st 2011 to return the tablet for a full refund. Where as Walgreen's told me they couldn't do it! I said why not it's Wallgreen's said it's being process. Hog Wash! if you asked me. But anyway she told if you didn't want it just bring it back to any Walgreen's store they'll give you a full refund within the 30 days. So it's on it way UPS shows the documentation was received but UPS hasn't shipped it out yet! At this rate it won't get here until Nov 2010. Since it's coming I going to run a couple of test on it and see if it's just another ePad clone. I can tell you all right now I did contact VIA and was then contacted by VIA Engineer who handles businesses' date=' but that was the only way to get them to answer my question. So now VIA told me there was no such chip like VIA VM8505+ and it's really the VIA WM8505 300MHz CPU. He also went to say that Tier 3 ODM are pushing the CPU and misleading the public by pushing the tablets device out with bogus CPU speed claims. I had gave VIA Engineer the link to Maylong M-150 web site. He was shocked to see what was listed for the CPU. If I run a test and the CPU comes up for MHz as 0 MHz then we know that it's 300MHz and not 400MHz. Also we need to know what Build version it is shipped with also. If it's WMT2.xxxx then it can't be Rooted until someone figures it out?[/QUOTE'] @tipstir:Did you ever receive your Maylong and if so, did you determine if it can use a Flytouch ROM to mod it ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Currently, there appears to be two versions of the M150 out. An early version (first round of shipments) serial # M150100 and a second round of parts with serial # M150101. The first group appears to be able to take some customized roms and rooted. The second with 101 serial has not had success. This has been discussed in tipstirs forum.

·
Registered
159 Posts
[quote name='Ishman;90175]Currently' date=' there appears to be two versions of the M150 out. An early version (first round of shipments) serial # M150100 and a second round of parts with serial # M150101. The first group appears to be able to take some customized roms and rooted. The second with 101 serial has not had success. This has been discussed in tipstirs forum.[/QUOTE']Where is Tipstirs forum?I have been waiting to hear if he likes it etc also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, this morning my status finally changed to "In Transit". After ordering on the 28th, it finally left the warehouse last night. Says it will be delivered tomorrow - we'll see. Plan on calling Walgreens to get my shipping at least refunded. Don't know if it was here or another board I was watching, but read that they were doing an additional $10 credit to some because of the long wait. Will be asking about that. So for those of you still waiting, maybe they've got another batch in. Let's hope these are better than the last batch, which were largely disappointing from the posts I've read!

121 - 132 of 132 Posts