Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the following problem using the media playerZimly, after the system was hacked.When starting to play songs, the volume is very loud. When I plug in ear phones. the music stops.I installed the media volume widget and this does not seem to work. The same problem exists in the PDN media player.Does anyone have a soludtion?. Is there a media player than also includes volume control?Thanks all for helping.

·
Registered
97 Posts
No solutions but observations....I have not tried the Zimly player... But I have noticed that plugging in ear phones can cause problems... I was trying to use an iPhone headset with a microphone (more than left and right stereo connections).... Most devices let me wiggle the plug in and out until I just connect the speakers and works.. The PDN gets hung up...sometimes causing a reboot... I concluded that the headphone plug has some grounding problem.... If I plugged the phones in while the device was not running it works better...I was using meridian and the base PD music player....

·
Registered
97 Posts
I gave up looking for a MP3 player with volume slide bar.... I installed a widget volume ++ that shows up in the notifications area... While your media player is running you can pull this down and change the media volume...This is not a great solution but it does address the problem... I like meridian because it is simple... I just want to point at a directory and play mp3's without web augmentation...

·
Registered
64 Posts
cosmos;33978 said:
I gave up looking for a MP3 player with volume slide bar.... I installed a widget volume ++ that shows up in the notifications area... While your media player is running you can pull this down and change the media volume...This is not a great solution but it does address the problem... I like meridian because it is simple... I just want to point at a directory and play mp3's without web augmentation...
Can you give us noobs detailed instructions how to add the volume widget? I have been installing everything using adb install...etc...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sorry for the loose talk... I went back and checked Volumer++ is not a widget but an app. So if you know how to install apps via adb you can do that... But one of the most important apps you should install is either an Installer app... or What I recommend... a file manager that lets you install apks and do other things... I use Linda Manager... It is available from the marketplace but if you don't have marketplace running you can google "android linda manager apk" and find a place to download it.It lets you click on .apk files on your sd card and installs them.. So you find .apk files via google, copy them to your sd card, and install via linda manager. BTW to install widgets (not applicable here).... It depends on your screen manager... I am using launcher pro...Highly recommended... You first have to install the .apk as above... ThenDo a long press on the screen background... and a menu pops up. Select widget and it will find any widgets you have available and put an icon on your desktop.Good luck....cosmos

·
Registered
97 Posts
I forgot.... One more thing you may not know... To access the volumer++ stuff after it is installed you will need to know how to pull down the notification area. This is a thin bar across the top of your screen.There is a bug in the PDN... you have to enable the notification area by sliding the power switch and holding it. When the menu comes up that says power down or cancel... Select cancel... THis will let the notification area be pulled down until you reboot....or reset whichever comes first. There are lots of good tools to use in the notification area... my favorite is smartbar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.