Android Tablets Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an app that will bring up sliders for the volume control and has an icon in the notification bar. After changing volume just use back key to go back to the app. The notification bar icon will appear after you reboot once the app is installed. Of course to access the volume bar you will have to do the power down slider, cancel routine to re-enable the notification bar (I hope someone figures out a way to get around this soon). The app is called Volumer++ and is a free download from the Android Market. For those of you that don't have access to the Android Market I have attached it to this post.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,Loaded this app, and it installed and operates in the notification bar and on the pop-up it offers many controls of the sound paths one would expect (media, system sounds etc) - but other than mute, and unmute the sliders dont seem to do anything to change the actual volume.I have fw 7/24 and was using realplayer as a mp3 player... Anyone else see this?

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only one that matters on the PDN is the Media slider and it does control the volume on my PDN. [quote name='Brindleware;25637]Hi' date='Loaded this app, and it installed and operates in the notification bar and on the pop-up it offers many controls of the sound paths one would expect (media, system sounds etc) - but other than mute, and unmute the sliders dont seem to do anything to change the actual volume.I have fw 7/24 and was using realplayer as a mp3 player... Anyone else see this?[/QUOTE']

·
Registered
361 Posts
OK, it's been a couple of days since I asked a stupid question, so. Why do I care if the icon appears in the notification bar? This app seems to be no better than some other volume controls that I have tried. I was hoping for a simple volume control to replace the hard keys that we remapped. Something that would pop up in any app & have a vol. up/dn. It would be great if there was a hot spot on the screen that would not step on the apps screen commands, like top & bottom center that would be vol. up/dn. I guess that would have to be incorporated in the app itself huh? Anyway, It's not a big deal, since I use an MP3 player to listen to music. I find it so much easier to control it independently than using the tablets player controls anyway. It would be nice to at least have a mute, in case the audio comes on loud in an inappropriate time. Cheers,kev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.