Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Via Vido Product Site

should be interesting as Vido has been impressing us RK3066 users with good Firmware releases for the N70/N70HD/N70S/N90/N90S/N101 Models

lets hope for the best

pleases discuss

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is very cool, I own an original n101 which I recommend for anyone looking for a 10.1 inch. Hopefully they have big batteries that can last awhile when playing hd video.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Very interesting since they were advertising RK3188 just few weeks back. =) Guess they decided to start selling A31 tablets because lots of people are buying Onda V972 & V812. Also, their competition is coming out with A31 tablets and RK3188 could be 2 more months before getting released. Seems many people are after quad core tablets and do not care to buy dual cores (RK3066).

A31 is a very good but not great ARM chip. A little weak on the CPU side. Would have been better if CPU clocked at 1.2 GHz instead of 1 GHz. Otherwise, slightly-somewhat stronger GPU over RK3066's Mali400 really helps it out. Will take 3-4 months but firmware should really improve too and give a very good experience.

N101 is sticking with 1280x800 which is good enough for it.
N90FHD is 2048x1536.

I do think that 1024x768 is too low for 9.7" tablet but 2048x1536 is too high for it. They should have chosen a resolution in between the two that could handle 720p video playback & give somewhat better battery life. Do people really want to watch 1080p video on their tablets?

Not sure about battery sizes for these tablets. I see 2500 mA but think they are talking about the charger. ie. 2.5A charger.

No idea why they are going with white fronts. Is that to look more like iPads??? I prefer black front bezels instead. Black front is less distracting and I think better.

Their website runs somewhat slow and timeouts most of the time. Yuandao needs to use better web servers!!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, Vido Site was down for like a week but came back up but recently yes it has been slow. i'm really interested to see what Vido does here. the N90FHD RK3066 Model is already a huge success so we'll see where the A31 goes.

regard of the battery... maybe same as the RK3066 Model being a 10000mah

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
This looks promising, anyone any info if it is equipped with bluetooth, gps?
Unlikely.

The Chuwi V99 A31 was supposed to have BT but the final retail product doesn't

1 - 7 of 7 Posts