Android Tablets Forum banner

Video Reviews, Unboxings, Usage Guides for the Apad (Post Them Here!)

13K views 48 replies 22 participants last post by  xaueious 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
While looking at youtube I found an extensive video review of the product in action. EDIT: look like this was already posted in the "other devices section"

#15 ·
my vidsand i totally f'd up the editing on that first vid, quite honestly by accident. am looking to re-post if possible because i'd like people to see the footage i shot....instead everyone just thinks i sped it up. as if i was hoping to get away with sucking helium

#20 ·
[quote author=gevrik link=topic=369.msg3259#msg3259 date=1275167666]Nope, only viewer that supports CBZ or CBR is ACV and that won't work on this tablet.But CBZ and CBR are just archives that you can unpack.No multi-touch support for the screen, so no pinch-anything.Can slide with fingers if you want.[/quote]would it be as smooth if u have the comics in pdf? I had seen one in operation, but seems that tehre is a load time of around 1 second when u flip the page

#22 ·
[quote author=gevrik link=topic=369.msg3266#msg3266 date=1275168709]I don't know. I get most comics in CBR/CBZ format, which is basically a ZIP which includes JPG images. You would need to use a PDF Viewer to read PDF files, and those are quite slow, especially on big files.[/quote]I see.... but is tehre any way u can edit the pictures while viewing them? i mean since the screen is resistive u can pretty much use a style and make notes on it if ur reading a textbook or some class notes

#23 ·
[quote author=geniouslin link=topic=369.msg3272#msg3272 date=1275169758]I see.... but is tehre any way u can edit the pictures while viewing them? i mean since the screen is resistive u can pretty much use a style and make notes on it if ur reading a textbook or some class notes[/quote]Not with AComic Viewer or any of the other comic book reader softwares I know for Android. Sounds like a good feature, though. You might want to send some e-mails with suggestions to the comic viewer application developers.

#24 ·
I for one give you a BIG THANK YOU for your videos, I am thinking about buying this tablet for reading comics and manga, and your video really help a lot. If it's not much to ask (I believe it is!) could you make a follow up of this video, showing how it would work to move a page (a .jpg) up and down with the finger? Many comics and manga have the pages organized in such a way thjat you giotta read down and then go up again, that's why I don't love reading comics with my 6" ebook e-ink reader, but if the movement inside a page with aPad was smooth (hence that's why I ask for a video) it would rock!A couple of questions.- how many hours would you believe the aPad may run, if you only use it for comics?- where did you buy yours? How much did it cost?Again, thank you for the videos, not many people reply to them but I assure you they are very enligthening and helpful!

#25 ·
Actually with AComic Viewer I have not found a way to slide around the image with your finger. You tap the screen and it automatically moves on in the image (you can set it to manga style (right-to-left)), causing the effect that you mentioned (having to sometimes scroll up/down when the comic's layout is snappy). It does not happen that often for me, since I started using the aPad in landscape for comics and with the image fitted to the width of the screen.Good thing with Android is that you can e-mail the developers from within the Market's application listing, so requesting features for a little donation should work.
I've already contacted the creators of ACV to see if they can make the application work on the aPad.I think that you can easily get 5 hours of comic viewing on the aPad, depending on how bright you like the screen you might even get more out of it (up to 7). Had some peeps around last night and they used it in the living room to browse the web, YouTube and for some light gaming. Was used for about 4 hours and today in the morning it still has 27% power left.I bought mine from Merimobiles (see the aPad link in the my signature). I can recommend them, very good communication and customer support.

#26 ·
Ok, now I better understand your video. You were clicking in the lower part of the screen, then the page used the part where you click as the new top of the screen. Does that mean that if you tap in the middle of the page, the transition would go to that part, so you could better read the middle part of a page?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.