Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping the video playback would be improved on a PDN running the 7_24 firmware with the clock running at 800MHz. But after the flash video which rand pretty well on the 7_18 firmware in the PDNVideoPlayer, plays for a few seconds then errors out with unknown error.I've played this same file on the same device running the 7_18 firmware and I've also played it (from the same SD card) on a 7_30 firmware PDN with no noticeable flaws.I tried deleting the PDVideo.apk and then reinstalled the 7_18 PDVideo.apk with no joy. The same problems are happening. Has anyone else run across this and found a fix?Slaterman

·
Registered
361 Posts
geebekazoo;33844 said:
I'm running a hacked PDN with the 7_24 firmware and the video playback I've seen has been fine. Just ran a 3 minute YouTube video & it was like watching TV.
What player & Video format are you using? I get video lagging the audio on most MP4 clips. Just slight lag, but annoying for me & embarrassing when showing someone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was using the stock PDN video player for testing. It was working better than all the marketplace video players I tried including rockplayer and meridian. And the player performance is way down after the flash. It'll zip along great in the iPod targeted videos I created for a few seconds then stop playing the video throwing an unknown error, sound keeps going most of the time and sometimes the video keeps playing but more often it is frozen.I sure wish Core would get off their can's and release something. I use TCPMP on my Toshiba E800 and it handles video better than the PDN. Of course the E800 came out over 6 years ago...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.